. . . 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 four

Eun-hyeok picked the cabinet back up and put it against the gate, just as the star tongue pierced through. The boy froze, flesh squelching less than ten centimetres from his face.

Someone else had closed the gate. The tongue was retracted and Eun-hyeok visibly relaxed, blood splattered on his nose and glasses. Jin-ok cried loudly as she got up.

"It's all your fault," She wailed as Eun-bi forced herself to remain calm. "I should've gone out." She hit his chest and and shoulder. "It's your fault. You killed her."

"Come on, ma'am," Eun-bi gripped her arm, moving her away from Eun-hyeok gently. She didn't protest, letting her be moved away as a few other women came over and comforted her. Eun-bi looked over at Eun-hyeok.

He was so young, yet he had taken on the leader role and had gotten blamed for a death when he was just trying to protect them all. He stared forwards blankly.

She walked in front of him, pulling her sleeve over her hand as she moved his hair out of his face and wiped the blood off him gently the best she could. She pulled back, looking at him sympathetically once more, before walking away.

=

"You can't really trust that announcement," Du-sik told them. "Are you going to be okay?"

Ji-su, Jae-heon, Jae-yong and Jin-woo all stood in front of the door, holding their weapons and backpacks. The brothers had gone to their apartment and grabbed a bag and shoved it full of food and their most important belongings, including extra clothes and earphones.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be alright," Ji-su smiled slightly.

"Thank you for giving me this," Jae-heon gestured to his shield. "May God bless you for all you've done for us."

"I like Buddha," Du-sik told him quietly.

"We're gonna make sure to come back for you and get you all," Ji-su told the group.

"Don't promise me anything you can't keep," Du-sik looked away. "I think... I should say farewell to you both now." He waved.

"You know, someone once said to me," Ji-su said, "even complete darkness disappears with the faintest light."

"Is that person still alive?"

"I'm not sure."

"So, uh," Hyun-su said, picking up his bag and spear, "can I go with you guys?"

"Is guess five is better than four," Ji-su looked at the others beside her. "Right?"

"Of course."

"Okay then," Du-sik nodded. "Go. Go, all you go."

"Hyun-su, Jin-woo," Yeong-su called, "you will come back, okay?" The boys shared a look, unable to stop small smiles before they looked at the kids.

"Okay."

"Thank you so much for saving us," Su-yeong added, bowing.

"Come on," Jae-heon said. "We should get going." They all put an earphone in, not hearing anything through the wires. They left, Jae-heon leading them. Hyun-su closed the door to the apartment behind them.

=

"Hey," Eun-bi knocked on the door of the room she had seen Eun-hyeok go in. "She's back and she's pissed and partially naked."