Part 4 - Beverly's Token

*Flashback*

Beverly: Is it the reason why you're afraid of your dad?

Beverly and Y/N were currently walking down a familiar alleyway that lead to Beverly's home.

Y/N: One of them, but that place it... it doesn't matter.

They both came to a stop finally arriving at their destination. Y/N turned to look at Beverly.

Y/N: Well I'll see you around.

Beverly: Wait.

Beverly stopped Y/N before he could get away and walked over to him engulfing him in a hug. She was worried that they would drift away from each other after the fight, all them.

Y/N: Bev we shouldn't, your dad he might...

Though Y/N was enjoying the sudden contact, he was more worried for Bev and what would happen if she was caught in this position by her father. Beverly understood Y/N's worry and let go slowly looking him in the eyes.

She wanted to tell him right here and now on how she felt just so she had some closure just in case they all did drift apart, but she knew better than that; she knew that her and Y/N would still be friends after everything that happened.

Pushing the thought away as she let go of Y/N with a nod and back away a little.

Beverly: Okay, I'll see you soon then.

Y/N: Yeah...

Y/N got on his bike as he rode off towards his home, leaving Beverly behind watching him go.

*end of flashback*

Older Beverly watched as the memory played in her head as if she was watching it live, re-living it.

There Beverly stood in the exact position she stood in the memory looking off in the direction a younger Y/N rode off in. Her gaze lingered for a moment before turning her attention to old home.

Once she was inside the building, she made her way slowly to the door that seemed to read Marsh on the front of it. Memories were flooding her mind and not all good ones. The memories of her father made her think of her now or rather soon to be ex-husband, and how she married a man who was similar to her father; controlling and abusive.

She hesitated for moment before pressing the door bell. Once she pressed the bell, it felt like hours for the person to answer the door but in reality it was only a few seconds.

The door opened slowly, only opening enough to see half the persons face.

??: Yes?

The voice sounded old and belonging to a woman, which Beverly noticed right away. She looked back the name that displayed on the door again that now read "Kersh" instead of Marsh.

Beverly: Sorry I...

She couldn't quite find the right words to respond with.

Kersh: May I help you?

The woman she assumed to be Kersh asked her.

Beverly: Thought I rang Marsh.

Kersh: Marsh? Alvin Marsh?

Beverly: My father. I grew up here.

The lady push the door a little so she could unlatch the chain to fully open the door. Beverly could get a full view of her now and Kersh to her looked just like any normal old lady.

Kersh: Dear, it's not for me to tell you this, but your father passed away.

Beverly didn't really seemed shocked from the news and nor did she feel sad about it either, all she could do was just process the information she was now given.