7.07 - 𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙄

EVERYONE AT THE venue was about done with their dinner. It was now time to present their honored guest with a thank you and a gift.

Martin Li was at the podium in front of the attendees. The spotlight shined on him as he spoke.

"Now, I'd like to call up one of our esteemed benefactors...the beautiful and amazing Katherine Bishop."

There was applause as the young woman got up. People sounded off as the well-dressed and stunning heroine walked from her table to the stage.

Back at her table, Indira and Harry were there, even Jack Duquesne, who was there to support her as well.

Y/N couldn't attend because he was preoccupied with a project, or at least that's what Indira and Harry believed. He was in fact investigating another one of Mister Stone's rackets, which Kate knew about.

Kate went behind the podium and waited for the applause to halt. She beamed and touched her heart.

"Thank you all so much." She cleared her throat. "I—really don't know what to say. Out of everything I've tried out...the awards I've won...public speaking was one I flunked."

They laughed at her joke. The young woman continued.

"The work that's done here at F.E.A.S.T is extraordinary. This is one of the best parts of New York, as it helps not only the ones in obvious need...but everyone. That's what I learned when I first came in as a volunteer over a year ago."

She kept speaking. "When you help someone, you help everyone. Those are words that were once told to me by May Parker...words her late husband, Michael, lived by as well. We try to honor that. I do."

Sitting at a nearby table, May smiled and teared up at her words. Kate saw her and smiled back.

"So this honor shouldn't just go to me

"So this honor shouldn't just go to me...but to everyone here. And everyone that does what they can in making F.E.A.S.T an amazing organization."

With her speech concluded, the crowd applauded. A group of people came out from behind the curtains with bundles of flowers and one man had a trophy. They all gathered around her to give her the gifts.

The man with the trophy handed her the award, but upon her trying to take it...he spoke.

"Mister Stone sends his regards."

Kate reacted with a confused look, then suddenly saw the man pull a small gun from his coat. She immediately grabbed it and jolted his wrist, causing him to misfire.

The people around her and the attendees were startled by the gunshot. Kate and the gunman struggled for a couple of seconds before the heroine was able to swiftly bring him to the floor.