1.06 - 𝘼 𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙮

THEY PARKED ACROSS the street from the apartment building. Y/N exited the car and went to the open trunk where he took out the briefcase. Rhodey, wearing his uniform, came out from the driver's side and closed the door.

"Again, thank you for taking the time to bring me out here." Y/N said as he closed the trunk.

"Not a problem." He replied. "Besides, someone's gotta tell your dad that everything went well."

"I would've expected that to be Stark's job."

"Well, aside from him still being sour about what you did, he's pretty busy. But that's why I'm here."

The two began to walk together toward the building. Y/N looked down at the case he was holding.

"I'm surprised he's letting me keep this suit if he's still pissed." He remarked.

"He wasn't going to at first. But with a little convincing...guilt-tripping actually...he decided otherwise." The colonel said. "What you said back at the airport stuck with him."

"Really?"

Rhodey nodded. "And you went out of your way to help me when you didn't have to. You could've bolted."

Y/N let out a sigh and looked up at him

Y/N let out a sigh and looked up at him. "I do what I do because I want to help people. I made a promise to never let anybody else get hurt because of my inaction."

"And that's why you're here and not in prison." He replied.

"Right." Y/N thought about Captain America and his team. "Are the others gonna stay in there for a long time?"

"Hope not. Maybe there'll be a way for them to get lighter sentences. It's up to the system now...well...Ross's system."

"Cap's still out there. I'm not saying I know anything...but maybe he can break them out. Like in those movies."

"Romanoff out there too. And knowing them two...I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it off." Rhodey began to whisper. "Don't tell anybody I said this...but I sure wouldn't oppose it."

Y/N chuckled with the colonel as they walked into the building. They took the elevator up to the boy's floor and made it to his apartment. Y/N was going to unlock the door with his key, but Michael was already opening it.

"Y/N!" He said with a beaming smile.

"Hey, dad." He greeted with a hug.

Rhodey smiled as well as he looked at the two. Michael noticed the colonel and extended his hand.

"Colonel Rhodes." He also greeted. "It's a pleasure to meet you."