6.02 - 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

KATE HELPED AROUND at F.E.A.S.T for the next several days. Y/N was always there by her side offering a helping hand and giving her company. Although he wasn't realizing it, or just didn't want to, he was taking Martin Li's advice. Maybe deep inside, he did want to form some type of relationship again.

In those days, Kate appreciated the eighteen-year-old for being there when he didn't have to. He seemed to want to help anytime she needed the assistance, even if it seemed like she could do it herself. But she enjoyed the company, especially from a friendly and...if she had to admit... a rather cute-looking boy that was around her age.

Y/N carried a box of doughnuts while Kate held a decanter filled with coffee. They walked around the main area of the shelter handing out the pastries and filling cups to those who wanted them.

"So you're technically twenty-three?" Kate asked as they continued their conversation.

"Yeah, but like many others now, it doesn't matter." He replied mentioning how he was Blipped. "I could've been drinking age by now but here we are."

He handed a doughnut to a woman and Kate filled her coffee. They started moving on down to another group of people.

"What's stopping you?" She asked. "I don't have any problems with that."

"Well, you're about to turn twenty-one next year so there's some wiggle room there. And I suppose the venues you go to don't really care to card you, Ms. Big Bucks."

"Hey!"

Y/N let out a chuckle and gesticulated toward his heart. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

She lightly laughed in return and continued serving the pastries to the people.

The two young volunteers were in a room sorting items and toys that children would play with. Kate put them back in boxes after Y/N cleaned and disinfected them.

"O-M-G." Kate held the action figure that Y/N had just cleaned. "It's Hawkeye."

The boy glanced at it before continuing to clean the toy he currently had.

"Yeah, I know. I'm surprised we still have that."

"Surprised? Why?" She looked into the box. "We have the rest of the main four. Of course, he has to be included."

"It's just...you know...who really likes Hawkeye?"

Kate let out a gasp. It caught Y/N's attention and he looked at her.

"What?" He asked.

"I like Hawkeye." She replied.

"Really?"

"He's the best Avenger."

Y/N nodded and let out a chuckle. "If you say so."

"If you say so." She imitated. "Clint Barton is the heart and soul of the team, even though people don't want to admit it."