3.06 - 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧

ONE BY ONE, each member of Thanos's army started to vanish. The warlord looked around as they dissipated in a flurry of dust, ultimately leaving him alone. He sat on a boulder and let out one final breath...before succumbing to the snap as well.

Tony Stark stumbled and slid against a chunk of concrete

Tony Stark stumbled and slid against a chunk of concrete. He sat down, groaning. He was feeling so much pain, as the energy of the Infinity Stones had burned the right side of his body and fused his armor to his skin.

War Machine landed in front of his friend and retracted the helmet of his suit. Rhodey crouched down and placed a hand on the back of his friend's head, giving him a solemn look. He knew what was going to happen...and he just had to accept it.

Y/N swung into the area, with Peter landing beside him. Peter deactivated his helmet and ran toward his mentor upon seeing his maimed state. Y/N followed and stood behind his friend, looking on gloomily.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter said. "Mr. Stark. Can you hear me? It's Peter."

Tony could barely move but was able to turn his head slightly. He looked at Peter and Y/N but didn't say a word.

"Hey. We won, Mr. Stark." Peter told him as tears welled in his eyes. He knew that the Avenger didn't have long. "We won, Mr. Stark. We won! You did it, sir, you did it."

Peter sobbed as he placed his hands on Tony's chest

Peter sobbed as he placed his hands on Tony's chest. Y/N looked down and away, trying to keep himself composed but couldn't fight the tears streaming down his face either. Pepper walked up to Peter and helped the teenager to his feet.

"I'm sorry." Peter sobbed. "Tony..."

Pepper crouched in front of her lover and put her palm on his arc reactor. Rhodey, Y/N, and Peter stood by, looking on in sadness as more heroes stumbled upon the scene.

"Hey." She quietly said.

Tony looked at the redhead. He was able to muster two words but did so weakly. "Hey, Pep."

"Friday." Pepper spoke to the A.I.

"Life functions critical."

Tony aimlessly darted his eyes around, but Pepper called out to him and regained his attention.