3.03 - 𝘼 𝙎𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙊𝙙𝙮𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙮

THE SHIP WAS still traveling through space toward its set destination. Y/N sat on the edge of a raised platform above the ground level of the Q-ship. His mask was retracted as he looked at his metal suit, running his fingers along the sleeves.

He heard footsteps on the platform with him. The teenager turned his head and saw Peter walking up to the edge where he was.

"You know, Tony was close to scrapping that thing." Peter remarked.

"Ain't that right?" Y/N replied. "He needed the material for more suits or what?"

"More so furniture. He thought of a self-forming desk and wanted to use the suit's nanotech for it."

That garnered a laugh out of Y/N. There was silence for a moment as the two looked down at the ground floor, then Y/N decided to speak again.

"What made him choose not to?"

Peter shrugged and scratched the back of his neck. He looked down at his gauntlet and tried wiping off a smudge that was on the silver.

"I said you might still need it one day." He finally answered.

Y/N looked back at his friend. He gave a soft smile before lowering his head, in which his smile disappeared.

"Peter..." He began. "I want you to know how—"

"I do know." Peter interjected, knowing what he was going to apologize for. "I also want you to know...that I don't hate you."

Y/N raised his head and looked at Peter. The teenager stood up from his sitting position and faced his friend as he continued.

"I didn't know what to think at first. The day I found out it felt like I was betrayed. Like a part of my family kept a huge secret from me. I was just so mad that I didn't want to see you anymore...or at least for a while. But I forgave you a long time ago, Y/N, it's just that every time I wanted to reconcile...there was a part of me that felt that it was too soon. Like if Ben was up there asking himself why would I let it go so easily..."

Y/N sighed and looked down. Peter stepped closer and kept speaking.

"But I know Ben wouldn't want me to think that way. I don't blame you for what happened...and I'm sure Ben doesn't either."

"I keep going back to that day and wondering what I could've done to stop it." Y/N said, voice breaking a little. "He was like a second father to me. What happened to my mom...I couldn't do anything about it....but Ben, I could've."

Peter exhaled. "That's in the past now. We're in the now...and now it's up to us to help the Avengers in stopping this guy from reigning hell on our planet." He placed a hand on his shoulder. "When I started working with Mr. Stark my goal was to help make a difference. When I first built this suit, I had the same goal. But that goal all originated from you, man. Because the world needs more people like you."

"