4.01 - 𝙄𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝘼𝙩𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

THE TELEVISION SCREEN in the hallways played a tribute by the school broadcasting department for the fallen Avengers. Natasha Romanoff, Vision, and Tony Stark were displayed while Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You played.

"Gone but not forgotten." Betty Brant said as she sat on the desk with her colleague, Jason Ionello, by her side.

"Thanks to Kenneth Lim and Vihaan Ramamurthy for their help on the touching video tribute." He added as he pounded his chest. Cheap air horn sound effects played as he did so.

Betty continued. "This year has been nothing short of—"

"Shit is crazy." Jason interrupted. "It's like insane."

"Jason

"Jason." Betty glared.

"What?"

"No swearing."

He brushed it off. "It's the last day of school. We're good."

Betty sighed and finished what she was saying. "Historic."

She continued explaining. "Over five years ago, half of all life in the universe, including our own Midtown High, was wiped from existence. Then eight months ago, a band of brave heroes brought us back. They called it...The Blip."

Jason made a spooky gesture at the name. Betty rolled her eyes and kept speaking.

"Those of us who Blipped away came back the same age...but our classmates that didn't Blip had grown five years older."

"Yeah, like my little brother is now older than me." Jason added.

"Yeah, it's math

"Yeah, it's math." Betty replied and continued. "Even though we had Blipped away halfway through the school year and had already taken midterms, the school made us start the whole year over from the beginning."

"It's totally unfair." Jason said. "It's not right."

"Tigers, it's been a long, dramatic, somewhat confusing road. As we draw this year to a close, it's time to move on..." She glanced at Jason before continuing. "...to a new phase of our lives."