05 | Drowned

WARNING: Mature language.

N O V A 

It's been nine months since our marriage, and so far it's going great. I constantly thought we were rushing things, but the outcome has pleasantly surprised me. Liam invited me to dinner with his colleagues. He looked very dashing with his dark brown eyes and brown hair slicked back with hair gel. As we sat down at the restaurant, I couldn't help but feel a bit nervous about meeting Liam's colleagues for the first time. However, their warm and friendly demeanor quickly put me at ease.

''How is it at your new place?'', asked Daniella. She was Benjamin's wife, who was Liam's friend. ''Benjamin told me about you moving to Liam's place''

''It's nice'', I replied with a smile. ''Very comfortable''

Daniella was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Her skin was the slightest tanned, and her brown-blonde hair was tied up into a sleek bun with a few strands loose in the front. Her figure was that of an hourglass, and a black dress tightly hugged her body. Her facial bone structure was immaculate.

''I only provide the best for my wife'', remarked Liam, giving Benjamin a look and a playful punch on his arm.

Benjamin chuckled and returned the playful punch, saying, "Well, Liam certainly knows how to spoil his loved ones''

''I take care of my wife better than you'', Liam said. Benjamin whistled.

''Woah, man, chill. This ain't no competition'', Benjamin said while putting an arm around Daniella and pulling her close towards him. I smiled at his gesture.

Liam, at the same time, put his hand on my thigh and slightly squeezed it under the table. He's become a lot touchier, but I'm not complaining one bit.

''So what do you do, Daniella?'', I asked.

''Right now I'm doing an MBA. I've got like half a year left'', Daniella said while cutting a little of her steak.

''By the way, Nova, I love your curls'', Daniella complimented me, pointing to my hair. ''A curling iron could never!''

I grinned widely.

''Thank you; they're natural'', I winked at her.

''How did you end up with such a goddess, Liam?'', Ellie asked.

''Too kind, too kind'', I said to her. Now my jaw hurts from smiling from ear to ear.

''Really? I always thought that Nova's hair looked better straightened out'', muttered Liam.

I was taken aback a little. ''You don't like my curls?'', I said while fluffing up my hair a little.

''Well, I do, baby. But you should straighten your hair often'', Liam said while lifting his hand to stroke my cheek.

''Well, Nova, do whatever you want. It's your hair'', Daniella said as she spotted my disappointment. I gave a small smile.

The waiter came up to us to ask if we might need anything else. Liam looked around the table to see if any of us needed anything. After getting everyone's answer, he dismissed the waiter. Before the waiter left, he took a small plate from the tray that he was holding and kept it on our table.

''Excuse me, but we didn't order anything else'', Benjamin quickly said.

''Oh no, sir, madam over here had ordered this'', the waiter said while looking at Daniella. After saying that, he just left. When we took a look at what Daniella ordered, it was a plate of steak, but a mini version. A quarter of a steak with just two of the grilled potatoes on the plate.