Chunin Exams

"Yeah yeah I know" Naruto was embarrassed to be late on such an important day but he didn't want to admit it in front of Shikamaru and besides they had a lot of preparations to complete before the arrival of the kage's which was in about 5 hours from now.

"We have prepared the rooms of each of the kage that they will be staying in during their time here but we still need to make preparations to welcome them to our village. We need to assign 4 shinobi to each of them for protection and we need to assign someone to show them around. Also Naruto after this meeting happens we need your attention to another on going important matter that we had sent him on." As they were walking towards Naruto's office Shikamaru filled him in on all the on going matter but the only thing that caught his attention was the mention of their other on going thing that Naruto had been hoping to receive news on by now, why had it taken him so long to respond to them? Did he find anything worth noting there or not? All these questions flooded his brain but he pushed them to the back of his mind as the Chunin exams came first at least for now.

"Shadow clone jutsu" Naruto made about 20 shadow clones in one go as he wanted to speed up all the things he was required to do today. With that everything was being taken care of outside of the hokage mansion while Naruto was cooped up inside the mansion with paper work to fill. Hours had gone by which felt like eternity before a knock on the door snapped Naruto out of focus.

"Who is it?"

"Dear it's me, it's time to go now they are almost here." Sakura entered the office looking beautiful as always but more dressed up now as they were about to greet the kage upon their arrival.

"It's time? Finally! It felt like forever had gone by sitting on this chair." Naruto breathed a sigh of relief as he could now avoid doing this boring paperwork for the "responsibility" of meeting the kage. Naruto left the hokage mansion with Sakura by his side as he wanted her to be next to him while he was meeting with other leaders because no matter how old he got a childish side of Naruto always wants to show off the fact that he married Sakura to anyone and everyone around him. For him she's the most precious thing in the world, worth more to him then his title of Hokage or the level of strength he possesses which is above everyone else's, everyone except for one.

They arrived at the train station shortly where they were met with Shikamaru and Temari alongside their kid Shikadai. It was only natural to assume the whole Nara family would be present when Gaara is coming to their village as Temari wants to meet her brother and Shikadai wants to see his uncle. Sakura left Naruto to go and have a chat with Temari while Shikamaru came over to Naruto.

"So you brought the mrs with you as well huh."

"Yeah I want her to be beside me in every important thing that is happening."

"Huh still as childish as ever I see. You just want to show of the fact that you got the girl you always wanted in the end to everyone around you don't you Naruto?"

"Heh well there is no point in hiding anything from you I guess. Yeah that's true but also because when she's next to me I get this sense of confidence that I never had before, this feeling inside me develops into so much strength just by her being next to me you know what I mean?"

"No actually I don't because whenever Temari is next to me I always fear for my safety. You never know what might piss off that woman like just the other day she wanted me to scold Shikadai for something when I had just come home after a long day and didn't even have dinner yet so I told her I'll do it after dinner and she replied back with not even giving me dinner. Honestly I love her but that woman scares me to death."

"Yeah I agree with you, it's the same with Sakura, she always finds something to nit pick about for no reaso- OW that's hurts Sakura."

"OW Temari that really hurts at least hold back a little."

"Yeah keep talking don't let me stop you dear. Now what were you going to say next?" Sakura gave him a gentle smile but Naruto could see his own funeral in that smile so he decided the smart thing to do would be to keep quite and not complete his sentence.

In midst of their bickering the train had arrived on the station presenting the four kage with it as they stepped out of the train.

"Chojuro, Kurotsuchi, Darui and Gaara it's good to see you all here. Welcome to the hidden leaf village I hope you all have a good time here." Naruto came forward and greeted the four kage.

"Naruto Uzumaki my friend how have you been." Gaara came towards Naruto and pulled him in a hug which Naruto returned. Gaara was happy to see his friend again after such a long time.

"Wow brother hugging Naruto before me that hurts my feelings a little."

"Wait there is something that can actually hurt yo- Ow, joking hon I was joking."

"Temari don't be like that it's just I saw him before you. Come here." Gaara then pulled here into a hug as well.

"And this must be Shikadai." The boy had grown quite a lot in the few years he hadn't seen him and he was starting to resemble his father more each day.

"Gaara I want you to meet my wife S-"

"Sakura yes I remember how can I forget a great aid to the ninja world during the war." Gaara then shook her hand.

After the introductions and meetings were finished Naruto and the other's went back to the hokage mansion while Temari, Shikadai and Sakura separated from them as they weren't interested in the preparations for the Chunin exams.

The next few hours were all spent to prepare locations where the exam would take place. They eventually decided on four locations as this year the exam had four stages to it. There was the writing stage where all students were required to show a minimum learning knowledge about the ninja world. Then there was the forest where students would be required to secure two scrolls in three man squads. After that came capture the flag where two teams of 10 would face off against one another in an attempt to capture the other team's flag and finally the fourth and final stage which was the 1v1 match ups where the finally remaining students would face of against one another. 

It was nighttime by the time they finished deciding on these locations and Naruto was beyond exhausted. He wanted to return home early as promised and as he was packing up to go home something came from behind him. Naruto moved his head to the side and grabbed the object which was thrown at him, a scroll?

"From Kaguya's place, I need you to get the research department on decoding this thing even I can't read it with my rinnegan."

"Sasuke?!! When did you return?"

"Just now, you're reactions are getting slower loser."

Part 2 ends here:

Let me know what you guys think.