Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story

Start from the beginning

Niko: Huh?

Nicolette: You just came from a Gym battle didn't you? She asked getting very close to Niko.

Niko: Y-Yeah.

Nicolette: I knew it! You're a real Pokémon trainer and now you're here on the farm?! She said getting starry eyed.

Christopher: Hey, Nicolette!

Jeanie: Have you got visitors? The girls parents come out.

Christopher: Going for number one in the Pokémon League is quite a challenge, Niko

Niko: Yup. So is trying to become a Pokémon Master.

Jeanie: Yes. Don't I know it.

Christopher: You see, our Nicolette wants to be a Pokémon trainer too.

Duplica: Nicolette?

Christopher: Right. I totally forgot. Christopher's the name. This is my wife Jeanie. And Nicolette's the name of our daughter, you just met.

Niko: If Nicolette wants to be a Pokémon trainer, that's not hard.

Duplica: Do you have some kind of problem with her doing that?

Christopher: Not at all. We both think the journey of becoming a trainer could be the best possible thing that can happen to her. The thins is, she's a real homebody. She doesn't wanna leave the nest. Although you wouldn't know by first glance.

Jeanie: Believe me, no one knows better than us that her getting out there and seeing the world would be a wonderful thing.

Niko: That makes sense.

Duplica: Sir, if you don't mind, what kind of farm is this? Duplica asked.

Christopher: Well, they all call us Pokémon Egg Ranchers. Since on this farm we raise Pokémon Eggs.

Niko & Duplica: Pokémon Eggs?

Niko: I don't think I've ever seen a Pokémon Egg before.

Duplica: Do you mind if we see them?

Christopher: Yes! Of course! Time for the grand tour of the Egg Nursery.

Niko & Duplica: Thank you, sir!

Eevee: Eevee!

Ditto: Ditto!

Outside, Niko was washing Poliwhirl's body with a wet towel.

Niko: Gotta keep you nice and clean, Poliwhirl. Now just let me get your back. As Niko was doing that, Nicolette walked over to them.

Nicolette: I'm scared to go up against his tougher Pokémon, but not this one. Yeah, a test battle. She snickered.

Niko: Test battle?

Nicolette: Geh! How did you know I was thinking!? She backed away surprised.

Niko: Because you said it out loud.