34. Love

Sev and the Guard stepped away from the fir tree and slipped into their shoes.

"Wow... It was even better than doing it alone," Jack commented. "Don't you think?"

"Yes, it has been incredible to feel that communion between us, that we already knew existed," Deborah said.

There wasn't so much, girl, I created it, Sev thought.

"But this makes it clear and your participation has not interfered at all, Prince, which I suppose means that you are already one of us," she continued.

Wow, I got the thumbs up from her.

"And if you've also transmitted your talent to us, which we'll see on Saturday, we're going to be invincible," Jack said. "What I was saying, a real gold mine. But you haven't shown us at all the fear you really feel. Is there anything else you haven't told us?"

"Yes, again about Ariel. We should talk about it before I do with him. We have time?" Sev said.

"Yes, it's still a quarter to four, I was already counting on chatting to advise you how to deal with him," Jack said. The four of them formed a circle again. "But tell us, what's going on?"

"You'll see, when you told me about him a while ago, about his aunt who visits him," Sev said.

"Yes."

"He didn't tell me that, he also hides information from me."

"How odd."

"And yet he did tell me something much more committed to which I didn't give importance until you told me about his supposed aunt."

"I see that you have realized that she must be his mother."

"Yes."

"And what did he tell you?" Jack asked.

"I asked him directly if he had fought with the Sorting Hat to get into Slytherin, and he told me he did, but not only because of you."

"Yeah..."

"He told me that during the Sorting he saw someone at the Slytherin table who seemed to be his family, and that the Hat confirmed that his ancestry was green-silver."

"And did he tell you who he was?"

"No, but that he was one of the bad guys and that he was no longer at school. From what I deduce that he comes from a family close to Voldemort, perhaps he is his own brother, who looks like his mother and not him, so she, if she comes sneaking around, may even be sympathizer."

"I understand..." Jack said with some fear and expectation.

"And if he's told her about Druid Magic, they could read her."

Jack, who was the one Sev was looking at, put his hand over his face, covering his eyes and puffing, in a gesture of deep despair. Sev looked at the other two, who also looked terrified.

It was all a disguise, because the three of them had just realized, knowing the story of Sev's childhood, the mysterious bond that united him with little Ariel, and from that moment they did everything possible so that he was not aware of it.

"Ugh... Prince... Luckily among all of us we have managed to gather all the information," Jack said. "And to think we've spent almost two months wasting time probing you when we should have trusted you right away. Don't worry, we'll find out this afternoon. Would you be willing to read him?"

"If you think that there is no other choice, yes, but I wouldn't want to find out that way about something that he guarded so jealously, perhaps he is ashamed," Sev said.