16. Purposes

That day Sev cut the class short with Beamy. He had decided since he received Malfoy's letter that he would try performing the Druid ritual on his birthday. It was showing that everything he meditated on in a certain way was coming true, and although it was not a special astronomical date, it was for him, and it was also the date of his tree, the fir, which perhaps had even more power.

So he told him, "Today I have to leave earlier, I have to do something."

"Are you going to spend your birthday alone? Don't you want me to come with you?"

'Ugh... The boy must have been waiting all this time for me to invite him to walk with me after class, and I always prefer to go alone. And precisely today more than ever, because I have to concentrate well on the request. It has already been seen that it can turn out the opposite of what you expect.'

"Today I need to be alone, Beamy. Excuse me, but what I have to do is very private and I must concentrate."

"Is it something magical?"

"Yes. Tomorrow, if you want, we'll take a walk together in the Forest after class, and I'll show you my favorite places."

"Okay..." he answered excitedly.

He went to the fir tree thinking well what he was going to ask for. When he arrived, it seemed to him that it was not necessary to carry out the previous meditation, the very power of the tree would inspire him if he connected with it immediately. And he still had one more idea, the whole Forest was magical, perhaps also by putting his feet in contact with the ground, the magic would intensify.

So he cleared of snow and dried a small space in front of the trunk. He took off his shoes, which despite being magical, part of the uniform, had been kicked around the Forest so much that in three months they were destroyed and had lost their waterproofness, and his socks were damp. He took the opportunity to dry them too.

He stood close to the fir tree, barefoot, hugging the trunk and resting his left cheek on it.

He meditated, 'Universe, I am infinitely grateful to you for giving me notice of what awaits me in time, and I beg your forgiveness for having been so blind to my own fate and for having reached the point of seriously endangering what I love the most.'

While he meditated the joint magic of the Forest and the fir invaded him from the bare parts of his skin with a sensation of warmth that he had never felt before. He felt loved, protected and in absolute communion with Nature.

He continued, 'Give me the keys to do the right thing. I don't care what happens to me, just that Lily is safe. But I must not make the decisions alone, but also take into account what she wants. Inspire her to choose the best for herself, that in this situation she should be away from me.'

He was crying bitterly.

'I also ask you something for myself, time, help and cunning enough not to fall into the abyss, but I do not do it thinking about my own safety, but about Lily, my mother, Lily's parents, Remus and Cecile and also Beamy, all the people who love me and would suffer for my misfortune. For my part, I will do everything in my power to avoid it, I do not expect miracles, I know that I must work hard to remedy what I did wrong.

'In return, I promise you that if, despite your help and my efforts, I do not escape from falling into darkness, I will never be an architect or an accomplice to crimes, I would rather die than harm innocents.

'On the other hand, if I succeed, I swear to fight the Evil that almost trapped me to its last consequences, also giving my life for it if necessary.