| 23 | - Time

'Tic'

'Toc'

'Tic'

'Toc'

Came the ticking of the fancy on the far end of Harry's office.

Harry let's out a satisfied sigh as he looks through the documents he had just prepared for a presentation which will take place in a day or two. The day was yet to be settled on but Harry didn't care about all that because he was ready any day any time.

He turns around in his spinning chair - yes, we all have our inner child in us... somewhere at least - and looks at the amazing view of the city from the floor to ceiling window in his office.

Undoubtedly, this is one of the best things he liked about this office.

After soaking up the scenario just long enough, Harry looks at the digital clock by his table and is surprised how time has gone so quickly for the day.

4.47:pm.

He turns off the Do Not Disturb setting on his phone and not even a nano second after he had done so his notifications poured in like crazy.

While the majority of them were from Zavian... who sent him random messages about nothing in particular, Just one caught his attention... Wendy's text.

Wendy ❤️
Have a wonderful day at work :)

Reading just that brought a smile to his lips and a feeling of warmth to his heart.

He quickly opened the message and put a heart reaction on it and sent a response as well.

He contemplated whether to call her or not.

Maybe she could be writing her exams or working probably, Harry thinks to himself.

For quite some days now Harry had been wondering how fast everything has been going between him and Wendy, It all started like a spark... and now it has ignited.

He doesn't want to move too fast just wants everything to go on it's on pace as naturally as possible and with that he pushed the thought of bringing up the topic of Wendy meeting his parents aside.

Harry stands up to have a good stretch of his muscles and after a few pops here and there he hears a knock on his door. He wondered who it could be, he had definitely finished all the meetings he had for today... right?

"Come in"

The door opens and a secretary walks in holding a bunch of files in her hand and Harry nearly flinched at the sight of them as he wasn't ready to do any more paperwork's today.

Don't get him wrong, he loves his job and all but after working on a presentation all morning till this afternoon, he could sure use a break.

"Hello... Mika..." he acknowledged her hesitantly as his eyes traveled from the files in her possession to her eyes.

"Good afternoon Mr. Harry, you have a visitor" Mika announces as she halts her steps a few feet away from Harry's desk.

"A visitor?" Harry couldn't remember who it could be that would want to visit him in his office... maybe it could be his parents? but they took their private jet to Italy this morning and it's definitely not his elder siblings.

"Who are they?" Harry inquired as his interest piqued.

"Well in his words he says he's the five to your six that ate nine... whatever that could mean" Mika spoke more to her herself than to Harry.

It didn't take two in two to be pieced together for Harry to figure out who it was.

"Just let him in" Harry says as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ok sir" Mika doesn't even bother questioning his decisions as she looks exhausted and needed to be somewhere else.

Not a second later as he leaves Zavian opens the door and walks in with some paper bags accompanied by an aroma that filled the air which made his stomach churn.

"Zavian?" Harry calls out a bit surprised as he comes around the table and assists his best friend in carrying some of the bags.

"Oh wow... it looks so much more amazing in person than on video calls" Zavian seemed to not have noticed the surprise in Harry's tone as he admires the office as he looks around while following Harry to the comfortable looking yet artistic sofas by the side of the office with a round table where they set the bags down on.

"Are you surprised?" Zavian asks as he looks at Harry after they had both sat down.

"Yes... you're still using that joke till now?" Harry says referring to what the secretary said earlier in what sounded more like a question.

"It never gets old" Zavian smirks.

Harry's let's put a tired sigh of frustration as his attention had now shifted to the food in front of him.

"I know you must be wondering why I'm here-"

"No I'm not" Harry states as he bites into a burger.

Zavian glares at him but Harry ignores it nevertheless.

"Anyways... the house got boring and I decided to come up here to see if I can get find the love of my life-"

Zavian's hasn't even finished speaking when Harry started choking on his food.

"And you think you're gonna find this person here?" Harry asked incredulously.

"Yeah?..."

"I'll just finish these then we can have this discussion" Harry chuckles and shakes his head.

They both enjoy their meal and talk about nothing in particular till it was time for them to go and Zavian offered to drive Harry home as he had made it his mission to offer these services to his best friend whenever he had the time to.

While Zavian is still on his adventures of looking for the love of his life... Harry on the other hand had found his and was going out on dates with Wendy and texting and calling all the while.

On one of their dates, Wendy brings up a topic that's been on her mind for quite sone time now.

"This may sound... I don't really know but..." Wendy pauses and looks away but Harry takes her hands into his and gives it a gentle squeeze In encouragement for her to go on.

"I... kinda want you to meet my parents but I don't want it to seem like we're moving too fast. I mean it's not like I'm not happy at the pace we're going I just feel comfortable enough for you to meet them. I don't know what I'm saying, I'll just shut up now" Wendy tries to retract her hands but Harry holds onto her.

Wendy is surprised by this and looks at him. Harry on the other hand is surprised Wendy has the same thing he's been pondering in his heat for a while.

"I will"

FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING?
Like and Comment.