| 18 | - Nervous

Harry is nervous.

Actually he's at work right now and feeling nervous at the same time.

The meeting he's currently in isn't really doing anything to help matters as he keeps looking at his watch.

Time has possibly never passed so slowly in his life.

This is one of those meetings that could've been summarized in an email which could be sent to everyone.

But here they are anyways in the afternoon having it.

The fact that none of them seated never wanted to be here in the first place but still agreed to meet was something Harry's mind couldn't comprehend right now because none of them were even ready to leave.

He did sign up for this Job... well... not this exact one but he's happy with it nevertheless.

Oh right... why is Harry nervous?

He's got a date with Wendy at 7pm.

It's currently 3:45pm.

The meeting just only started.

Now you see what I mean.

The meeting lasted longer than anyone would have wanted it to.

Just as the meeting was dismissed a few minutes past 5pm, Harry didn't fail to be the first to step out of those huge architectural doors.

Luckily for him he has gotten accustomed to almost the whole office building and so he took the routes he knew no one would be in at this time.

Harry wanted to bypass any kind of discussion that'll result to him staying back any minute longer.

He finally reached his car in which Zavian was inside of playing a mobile phone game.

Ever since Harry started working, Zavian had offered to drive him either to or fro from work depending on whenever he was free.

That's what Best Friends are for.

Zavian looks up from his phone and sees Harry walking almost briskly and somewhat hiding at the same time to avoid anyone seeing him.

The person in charge of watching the CCTV cameras right now would probably have serious questions to throw at Harry if they ever meet.

Meanwhile Zavian is laughing at the actions of his friend even as he enters the car.

"Yeah... it's good to see you too Zavian" Harry sarcastically remarks.

"I'm sorry... it's just... that was really funny to watch" Zavian's tries to speak after he calms down a bit, "I've never seen anyone trying to get away from work so badly" he adds.

Harry joins in with a chuckle as he played the scenario in his head.

"I've got an important date... I don't want to be late" He says soon after as they pull out of the parking lot.

Harry had eventually given in to Zavian's questioning and told him everything that's been happening.

Zavian never failed to be supportive and cheered his best friend on but he also never failed to tease him about it.

Zavian's turns to look at him with a serious look on his face once they reach a traffic light.

"Don't worry... you'll do great" Zavian assured.

Harry is a bit surprised by this but he nods in response at first before speaking.

"Thank you" he said as he lets out a sigh of relief and looks out of the window lost in thought.

Once they reach home, Harry goes in to take a hot shower to make him feel like a brand new person after all he had to deal with at work today.

He comes out after and gets dressed in a semi casual outfit he had picked with the help of Zavian yesterday.

Speaking of Zavian... he's in the living room catching up on a show on Netflix but his attention is diverted when he hears footsteps coming down the stairs.

He whistles as he looked Harry up and down rating his outfit with a thumbs up.

"How do I look?" Harry asks.

"I'm worried you may steal the heart of more than just Wendy's" Zavian replies with a smirk which makes Harry groan.

"This is not the time for that... Now I have to go change into something that won't steal the heart of others" Harry says the last part more to himself.

"Relax" Zavian's stands up, "I'm just joking... you look perfect... now get your fucking ass outta here so I can have some peace and quiet" Zavian says jokingly as he pats him on the shoulder.

"Wow... so much for being supportive and actually caring" Harry sarcastically remarks but obliged nevertheless as he collects one of the car keys.

"Just call me if it doesn't go great... or is awkward... or not as expected-" Zavian starts but is cut off.

"Zavian... That's not helping " Harry gives him an eye.

"Right. You know what I mean... I'll make up some random excuse just like always and come get you" Zavian summarizes.

"I don't think I'll be needing it today but I'll keep it in mind" Harry says with a chuckle as he opens the door and leaves.

Zavian looks at the door for a few seconds and let's put a sigh of content.

"They grow up so fast" he says with a little smile on his face as he reminisces nostalgic memories with his best friend.

That... doesn't last long tho.

Possibly a few seconds or less as his attention diverts back to the TV where the sound of a loud explosion is heard.

FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING?
LIKE AND COMMENT