| 21 | - Bold Step

It's just another busy day at Bontega.

The warm welcoming smell of coffee fills the air and the scent of baked goods and pastries is like a toping on an ice cream.

Bontega is as buzzing as ever with people coming in and out as the bell at the door is set to signify so with each ding.

Somewhere at the corner some are having a 'business lunch' or at an actual lunch break. While others are just there to wait her have a good time or sit and think about their business or lives in the meantime.

We see Wendy just as usual at the counter taking the orders with the ever natural genuine smile and not one of those customer service ones but today... or even for some days now... there has been a little extra tingle in that smile.

Ah yes... that smile.

Even from across the room where Hailey was speaking to a customer at their table... she would always look over to Wendy and they would share a smile.

Yes, that's what best friends are for, they celebrate with you and cheer you on always.

Although Wendy sometimes felt like those smiles Hailey gave her also had a little extra touch to it... whenever Maverick was around.

Right now it was happening again.

After handing the customer a brown paper bag of bagels she glances over to where... Maverick was returning back the smile to Hailey?

Hold on... what happened? when did this happen?

Wendy was definitely going to get those answers.

"Hey?"

A very familiar scent of cologne fills Wendy's nostrils and she turns her attention back to who stood in front of her which instantly fills her stomach with butterflies.

"Hi" Wendy greets with a nervous chuckle.

"I would like to order the usual... as always" Harry smiles.

"Alright, sure. It's coming tight up" Wendy writes it down and passes it over to the other employee on duty who gets the orders within a minute or two and hands the filled brown paper bag to her.

"Thanks" he collects the orders and is about to leave when he suddenly turns around like he forgot something.

"Did you forget something?" Wendy asks concerned.

"Yeah, to tell you how beautiful you look today" Harry says and walks quickly to the exit.

Meanwhile Wendy was left standing behind the counter turning all shades of pink.

Ever since the date at the park, the aura of a young blossoming love had surrounded the two and no doubt it was meant to be.

Harry had visited the coffee shop countless times even when he doesn't need anything and Wendy on the other hand had either texted or sent Harry some relatable content she found online.

Yep, love languages comes in different ways.

Speaking of love, during break at work after Wendy had confirmed for sure there was something going on between Hailey and Maverick, she wanted to ask her friend about it but didn't want to pressurize her at the same time.

"There's something I wanted to tell you" Hailey starts with a distant smile as she glances over to Maverick who was busy with his work in the back room where they themselves were too at the far end next to a window, "Can you guess?"

"There's something going on between you and Maverick" Wendy tilts her head to the side a bit with a smirk.

"Oh my God... how did you know?" Hailey asks surprised.

"You guys have been doing a bad job at keeping it a secret so far... also you literally smiled at him two times as we spoke" Wendy explains, "Wait... how did it happen?" she asks.

"I took your advice and asked him out first" Hailey replied with a shrug.

"I'm so happy for you, both of you even" Wendy smiles.

"Thank you and guess what?"

"Y-you didn't really leave me any clues this time around" Wendy shakes her head causing Hailey to chuckle.

"It turns out he had also liked me too... one of us just needed to make the first move..."

While Hailey narrates the story of how she found love to Wendy, it reminds her about Tom and how they had been in a similar situation but it turns out they were never meant to be together in the first place.

Although it's been some days since she last saw him and has no feelings for him anymore, he's still her friend nevertheless and seeing a person you used to know and who's close to you turn into a stranger... is a different kind of pain.

"Wendy... did I say something wrong?" Hailey asks as she noticed the mood of her best friend go down.

"No, it's not you... I need to speak with Tom"

FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING?

LIKE AND COMMENT.