18. You're Probably Going To Have To Sedate Me.

Start from the beginning

As the plane takes off, the contestants settle into their seats, each with their reactions to the flight. Harper leans back, sipping on a glass of champagne with a satisfied smile.

"I could get used to this," she says, glancing around at her fellow contestants. "Cheers to making it this far!"

Chloe, sitting next to Harper, chuckles and raises her glass. "Cheers indeed! Let's make the most of this journey, ladies."

Sophia, seated a few rows ahead, turns around and joins in. "Absolutely! This is just the beginning of our adventure. Let's embrace every moment."

Liz, sitting across the aisle from Shayne, leans over with a mischievous grin. "Hey, Shayne, what do you think? Are you ready to fly high?"

Shayne chuckles, realizing the pun she intended. "I'm ready for anything at this point. Let's hope the flight is smooth, though."

Oliver, seated beside Shayne, leans back in his seat, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Smooth flight or not, we're in this together. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride."

Shayne nods, feeling a sense of comfort in Oliver's presence (and thankful the seating gods conveniently put them together). "Yessir Mister Henderson sir."

Oliver glares at him, nudging him in the side.

As the flight progresses, the contestants find ways to entertain themselves. Harper starts a game of trivia, testing their knowledge of random facts. Chloe initiates a lively conversation about their favorite travel destinations. Sophia shares funny travel stories, making everyone burst into laughter.

The flight attendants serve a delicious meal, and the contestants enjoy their gourmet dishes, savoring the flavors and engaging in light-hearted banter.

Shayne, feeling a sense of relaxation settling over him, pulls out his phone from his pocket and notices that he has a message. Curious, he unlocks his phone and sees that it's a text from Ethan.

Ethan

4:30 P.M.

Hey there. I know we didn't get to hang out before your flight. Just wanted to say good luck on the last leg of the show. Can't wait to see what y'all get up to! Don't have too much fun with the king of hair products!

Shayne smiles at the unexpected message, appreciating the support from Ethan. He quickly types a response.

Shayne

4:32 P.M.

What would his highness do without it right? I'll do my best to have fun and enjoy the journey. Australia, here we come!

As the plane continues to cruise at a steady altitude, Shayne's phone buzzes with another text.

Oliver

4:35 P.M.

Jealous guy who's totally into you here to make you look at your phone. You better not be getting any secret admirer messages over there. 👀

Shayne chuckles turning to Oliver who avoids eye contact but is cheesing.

"You're right next to me," Shayne says. "Like less than a few inches away."

Oliver holds a finger up to his lips and motions for Shayne to direct his attention back to his phone.

GUY WHO PUT ME IN MY PLACE

4:36 P.M.

Are we going to do this???

Oliver raises an eyebrow, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips. He reaches over and taps Shayne's phone, causing it to vibrate.