Chapter 8: The Meeting

We soon arrived at the place once the milky moon rose above the forest. Trufflehunter and Reepicheep went to gather them.

Nikabrik chuckled."You'll be in for a treat."

"I hope they'll listen to us." I said.

Caspian wore a smile as he grabbed my hand.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they will." He assured me.

Xavier sneered."Says the Telemarine."

The two glared at one another and Caspian let go off my hand. He walked over to Xavier and before things got worse, Trufflehunter and Reepicheep announced that the Narnians arrived.

Thank god! Caspian walked away from Xavier and stood next to me on my left.

"Good evening, you must all be wondering why we've gathered you here." I greeted.

"For starters, Queen Sabrina the Wise and Helpful and Lord Xavier the Strong have returned." Reepicheep said.

There were cheers and applauds amongst the crowd.

"It was thanks to me, I called them with this horn." Caspian said referring to the horn I was holding on my right hand.

"And I have come to tell you that I am on your side." Caspian said."Fight with me."

"Really?" Nikabrik sneered."You think that they're going to join ya just like that?"

This made things turn from good to bad. There were shouts and uproar all around Caspian from the Narnians.

"Kill him!" A centaur shouted.

"All this horn proves is that they've stolen another thing from us!" Nikabirk hissed.

I thought he was on our side.

"I didn't steal anything." Caspian replied.

"Didn't steal anything?! Show me a list of things that the Telemarines have stolen!" A minotaur growled.

"Our home!" One cried.

"Our freedom!" A fawn added.

"Our lives!"

"You stole Narnia!" They all shouted.

This is getting out of hand.

"You would hold me accountable for all the crimes of my people?" Caspian inquired.

"Accountable..." Nikabrik said as he walked towards Caspian."And punishable."

"Ha! That is rich coming from you, dwarf!" Reepicheep laughed."Or have you forgotten that it was your people who fought with the white witch."

Can we please not talk of my mother.

"And I'd gladly do it again if gets rid of these barbarians!" Nikabrik sneered.

"That is not in your power to bring her back." Trufflehunter spoke up."Besides we mustn't speak of her in front of her children."

It got quiet and Trufflehunter continued to speak.

"Now what you say is like you're asking Caspian to go against Aslan."

"Not Aslan!" Everyone cried.

"Surely, you don't mean..." I trailed off.

Trufflehunter spoke again."Some of you may have forgotten, but badgers remember well that Narnia will right when a son of Adam is king."

"He's a Telemarine!" Nikabrik retorted."Why would we want him as our king?!"

This caused an uproar. Xavier then added fuel to the fire.

"If it helps Nikabrik, I will like to be your king."

Everyone cheered.

"My sister and I will bring you forth. We don't need this Telemarine!" Xavier sneered."How can we even trust him?"

Things got worse and Xavier wore a devious smile. I spoke up.

"You can trust him. He's not like the others and he's proven it to Xavier and me." I explained.

"And I can help you." Caspian added."Beyond these woods, I am a prince. The Telemarine throne is rightly mine. Help me claim it and I can bring peace between us."

Then a centaur spoke up.

"It is true. The time is right." He said as he walked around the Narnians."I watch the skies for it is mine to watch as it is yours.

"Remember badger, the lord of victory and the lady of peace have come together in the high heavens. Now here, the son of Adam has come forth to offer us back our freedom."

"Is it possible?" A squirrel asked."Could there really ever be peace? D-do you? I mean really?"

Geez! I get his point!

Caspian however replied in a calm manner."Two days ago I didn't believe in the existence of talking animals. Or dwarves, centaurs, or any of you.

"And yet here you are. In strength and numbers that we Telemarines could never have imagined." Caspian then turned to me."Sabrina, hold up the horn."

I did as he said and I held up the horn for everyone to see.

"Whether this horn is magical or not, it brought us together and together we'll have a chance to get back what is ours!"

"If you will lead us along with her majesty, then my sons and I offer our swords." The centaur said holding up his sword.

All the Narnians held up the swords and weapons. I smiled as I looked around us.

"And we offer you our lives." Reepicheep replied.

"They won't be too far from us, sire." Trufflehunter stated.

"If we must prepare soon, then we must hurry to find soldiers and weapons." Caspian said.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon." I said."Xavier and I were with them, but we were then separated."

"Well, for tonight I suggest making a fire." Xavier suggested.

A couple of the centaurs grabbed firewood and I made fire with a tap of my staff.

I laid down on my back and Prince Caspian walked over and laid next to me. I turned my head to see him smiling at me.

"We did it." I said.

"It was thanks to you, Sabrina." He said.

I smiled at his words.

"Earlier you said your magic was weak." Caspian mentioned."My professor told me of you powerful magic and how you are the most powerful sorceress of Narnia."

Am I really?

"Thanks." I said."Am I really the most powerful?"

Caspian chuckled."Yes, but what makes me curious is how your magic is weak."

I frowned."Could it be because of my grandmother's death?"

"Probably, now that I remember my professor told me how your magic works in mysterious ways." He replied."I think we found one of those mysterious ways."

Wow, Caspian and his professor know so much about us.

"You know so much about me and the Narnians."

He chuckled."You guys were legends and practically praised by all Narnians. I'm sorry your mother was mentioned earlier."

"It's alright. It's not like I love her." I replied."I knew she didn't love me, especially with that prophecy. The only reason she kept me inside the castle walls was to keep the prophecy from coming true.

"She wanted all that power to herself and she'd kill anyone who got in her way, even if it meant killing her own children..." I trailed off.

Caspian patted my head as if to say there, there.

"Now get some sleep." He said.

"Okay."

With that I laid down with Caspian by my side. I felt warm, but I suppose it's just because we're near the campfire.