vacation - damon salvatore

Y/n is thirteen

Summary: to run away from the Mikaelsons, Damon decides to take his young daughter on a "vacation".

-

"Are you gonna tell me where we're going?" Y/n asks as she looks out the window of her dads car.

"Nope." Damon says as he shakes his head. "That's the fun of it."

"It's not fun when it's basically kidnapping."

"It's not kidnapping when it's your kid." Damon says.

"That's not true." Y/n points out. "You have a very loose grasp of the law."

"Honey, I have no grasp of the law. I'm a vampire. There is no law for vampires." Damon says.

"Another lie - you are not good at the truth thing." Y/n points out.

"You're just too smart." Damon says. Y/n laughs, and then the two stay quiet for a minute.

"Tell me where we're going."

"No."

"Dad!"

"Daughter!"

"You're not funny."

"I'm hilarious." Damon says. Y/n rolls her eyes and looks back out the window. "New Orleans."

Y/n furrows her brows. "What?" She asks.

"We're going to New Orleans." He says.

"Isn't that where Marcel lives?" Y/n asks. Damon nods. "I thought we were supposed to be getting away from the Mikaelsons."

Damon furrows his brows. "How did you –"

"I'm a vampire, dad. I hear things." Y/n states. "Just, don't lie next time."

Damon nods. "I won't." He promises.