test - bradley bradshaw

Y/n is thirteen

Summary: when Y/n has a big algebra test at school, she begins to feel stressed about it, so, Rooster does what any good dad would do, he makes her nachos.

-

Y/n sits at the kitchen counter, her algebra notes sitting in front of her as she reads them carefully. "Hey kiddo." Bradley says as he comes into the room and kisses her on the head.

"Hey." Y/n says, not taking her eyes off the page. Bradley stops and looks at the notes to see what his daughter finds so intriguing.

"Homework?" He asks. Y/n nods. "What kind?"

"Algebra. I've got a test tomorrow and I actually wanna pass." She says.

Bradley looks at the microwave clock. "Baby, how long have you been awake for?" He asks.

"I don't know." Y/n shrugs. "Since, like, five."

"Right, so you've been up since five, it's now seven at night." Bradley says making Y/n nod, but she doesn't look up at all.

Bradley sighs and takes the book from the girl. "Hey! I was reading that!"

"How long have you been studying for?" Bradley asks. Y/n shrugs. "C'mon, give me an estimate."

"I don't know, three hours?" Bradley raises his eyebrows.

"Three hours?" He asks. The girl nods. "Have you eaten?"

"No." Y/n says slowly.

"Ok, what do you want for dinner?" Bradley asks. Y/n shrugs. "Nachos?"

"I guess." Y/n says slowly.

"Right. Nachos it is." Bradley nods. He goes to the pantry and gets out some tortilla chips and salsa.

"Dad, how long have you been up for?" Y/n asks her father.

"Since five." He answers. Y/n raises her eyebrows.

"So, I should be making you nachos." She says as she stands up.

"I haven't been studying all day." He answers.

"Then what have you been doing?"

"Working."

"Working on what?"

"The Bronco." He says. Y/n nods slowly. "No, don't do that."

"Why? We were both working on important things. I was working on my education and you were working on something that pumps fossil fuels and destroys our planet." Y/n shrugs.

Bradley raises his eyebrows. "What?" Y/n asks.

"Nothing. It's just that you remind me so much of your mother, it scares me sometimes." He says.

Y/n chuckles and walks up to him. "Can I help make the nachos?" She asks.

"Sure." He smiles.