storm - jim hopper

Y/n is ten

Summary: Y/n has always been scared of storms, and when one falls over Hawkins, she turns to her father.

-

Thunder booms outside making Y/n sit up in her bed and bring her knees to her chest. She begins to shake and her heart begins to speed up.

She looks around, allowing her eyes to adjust to the dark. Then, she stands up and leaves her room, slowly walking down the hall to her dads room.

She opens the door and sees Hopper asleep soundly on his bed. "Dad," She whispers. He doesn't answer. "Dad?" She says a bit louder.

This time, he wakes up. "Y/n?" He asks. "What're you doing up?"

"There's a storm outside." Y/n states. Hopper nods.

"I'm aware." He says. "You scared?" He asks. Y/n nods. He sighs and shifts over in his bed. "Come on."

Y/n waddles over and climbs in next to her father. He wraps his arm around her and holds her close. Another thunderclap echo's through the house.

The girl flinches and Hopper tries to calm her down. "It's ok, it's ok." He reassures. "We're safe. Nothing's gonna get you."

Y/n nods and lets her breathing slow down. "Go to sleep." Hopper says. The girl closes her eyes and slowly, she drifts away on the arms of her father.