eleven

✻

"Hi, Tomuraaa~!"

The said boy looked towards the door with an empty look. At the door was Y/N who was grinning at the ex-villain. Tomura blinked as he stared at Y/N who pulled up a chair and sat next to the hospitalized boy.

"How've you been? I heard you had a few injuries and I'm glad you're okay. I got beaten up, too, so sorry if some of your injuries were my fault." Y/N told the pale blue haired child.

"Doesn't matter." He responded, dryly.

"I brought apples because why not? You like apples, Tomura?" Y/N asked as he grabbed an apple and began to cut it up into slices. Tomura shrugged as he watched the older man cut the apple. "They always taste juicier in slices, for some weird reason. Want one?" Y/N offered, handing a slice to Tomura. The boy only shrugged again, making Y/N raise an eyebrow.

Y/N was released from the hospital a couple of days ago, so he's spent that time visiting Tomura and something was strangely off about him.

He was a lot quieter and not as mean. He almost seemed lost and sad. Y/N assumed it was because he knows the one person who was supposed to look after him abandoned him faster than he could blink.

To see Tomura so emotionless was... unnerving.

"Well, I'm not sure if you know, but today is your last day in the hospital." Y/N told Tomura, his eyes on the apple as he carefully cut the knife through the skin. "So once you're out of here, I'm going to bring you to my house."

Tomura looked up at Y/N with slight confusion mixed into his expression.

"Why? I thought I was going to be jailed or something." Tomura stated, his voice dry and confused.

"That was originally the plan, but I decided that that would be extreme and unreasonable." Y/N stated. "I mean, you may have done some messed up things, but overall, you are still a kid. I don't care what anyone else says, no kid deserves to have their lives ruined behind bars." The man stated, eyes narrowed, feeling himself become angry at the thought.

Tomura stared at Y/N, silently, taking in the man's true thoughts on the situation.

"So now, I'll be keeping you out of trouble as your guardian!" Y/N smiled, shooting him a thumbs up. "That cool with you?" Tomura shrugged. "That's my 'yes'." Y/N laughed, slightly, turning his attention back onto the apple. "Have you eaten apple's before?"

"That's a dumb question. Of course, I've eaten apples before."

"I mean, how would I know? Haven't eaten ice cream, for all I know, you could've never tried an apple either."

"You're still on about that ice cream thing?"

"Of course! I can't just let that go!"

"Yes. Yes, you can."