Chapter-16

It was late afternoon on Monday when they touched down on Yunmeng Island. The weather was fair. Lanzhan had sort of forgotten about that aspect of all of this, and he scowled at it as the plane touched down on the runway.

Weiying must have seen it, because He elbowed him as his lips curved into a smile and said, “Aw, come on, it’s not so bad!”

“I can’t wait until we’re on Caiyi Island,” he grumbled. “The sand and sun are calling my name.”

They disembarked and found Madam Yu and Huaisung waiting for them on the tarmac. Huaisung and Weiying hugged right away as Madam Yu came to embrace him.

“It’s so good to see you again!” Madam Yu enthused. He squeezed him tightly. “I’m so happy you two are here.”

When they pulled back, Lanzhan officially introduced Madam Yu to his mother and brother. They hugged as if they were old friends, and then Weiying introduced Huaisung to Sizhui and Madam Lan.

“Uncle Qiren should be here tomorrow,” Weiying told his mother. “Then Xichen and Meng yao should be here the day after that.”

“Perfect!” Madam Yu chirped with an enthusiastic clap of her hands. “We’ve gotten just about everything taken care of. We just have to get Weiying fitted for his Tux and handle a few last-minute details. The rehearsal dinner is Friday night, and then of course the wedding is on Saturday.”

Madam Lan came up to him and looped her arm through his, offering him a smile. “And we have everything set for the two of you to fly to Caiyi Island after the reception.”

Lanzhan gawked at her. “What? So...soon?”

Weiying looked equally stunned. “But...we were expecting to go back to Nie City, then go on the honeymoon. We only packed for this week.”

Madam Lan and Madam Yu exchanged a conspiratorial look before they gave them a knowing smile.

“We took care of it all for you,” Madam Yu informed them. “So you didn’t have to worry.”

“Well, Xichen and Meng Yao helped,” Madam Lan added. He patted his arm. “But the two of you have nothing to worry about. It’s all been taken care of.”

Weiying gave him a look, and Lanzhan was sure it was mirrored on his own face as well. If Xichen was involved, it probably meant that it wouldn’t be what either of them were expecting. After Weiying had told him it was Xichen who had first brought up the ah, extra-marital relations, he wasn’t sure how much he trusted him.

“Let’s get back to Uncle Song Lan,” Madam Yu suggested. “Xiaochen and Granny have been cooking all day so we could all eat together tonight.”

“Tell me Uncle Song Lan won’t be there,” Weiying groaned as He fell in step beside his mother. “I’m not ready to deal with him.”

Madam Yu grimaced. “He’s not, thankfully. He won’t be here until Friday.”

“Thank God,” Weiying muttered.

Madam Yu looked at Lanzhan. “We did get the two of you a rental car.” She smiled at him. “Jiang Cheng told me how much you and Weiying disliked his car.”

Lanzhan flushed. “Well, it wasn’t—”

“It’s bad , Mom,” Weiying interjected. “So thank you for renting us a car.”

“I keep trying to get him to upgrade but he won’t,” Huaisung added. He rolled his eyes playfully. “Alpha and their toys, I swear.”

“Don’t we know it,” Sizhui piped up, throwing a sardonic look at his brother. “Lanzhan’s car is his baby.”