Chapter-3

“So, I hear you’re engaged.” Lan Xichen sank into the chair across from him at their weekly lunch. “Congratulations, brother. Who’s the unlucky Omega?”

Lanzhan scowled. “He’s my assistant.”

“Ooh, scandalous.” Xichen arched his brow. “When do I get to meet him?”

“If I had it my way, never,” Lanzhan bit out. 

“You’ve got to make it look real. That means introducing him to your family.”

Lanzhan rolled his eyes. He knew Xichen was right. 

“Fine,” Lanzhan gritted out. “I’ll set up dinner this week.”

“Perfect.” Xichen flipped open the menu. “I’m looking forward to it.”

Lanzhan said nervously. “Bring Ty too, will you?”

“Of course.” Xichen looked up at him. “What’s He like?”

Lanzhan kept his eyes on his own menu. Why did he agree to weekly lunches with Xichen? He never quite knew. But He was still family, and He’d cut all ties with their father to come to gusu three years ago. And while He was still cold and abrasive, He wasn’t as awful as He used to be.

“I don’t know...quiet?” 

Xichen barked out a laugh. “ Quiet? Come on, Didi, you’ve got to do better than that. Immigration is going to test you. You need to know every detail about him, from how He likes his coffee in the morning to his political views.”

“I know that, Xichen,” Lanzhan snapped. He glared down at his menu. “He’s coming over this weekend so we can get to know each othis. He’s bringing flashcards.” 

“Flashcards? Wow.” Xichen chuckled. “So He’s analyst, at least.”

“He’s been a great assistant,” Lanzhan said. “He’s...He’s punctual, and efficient. He thinks outside of the box.”

“Is he beautiful or Handsome?” Lanzhan looked up at his brother with another scowl. Xichen smirked. “Come on, Lanzhan. You’re going to be married for five years.”

“It’s business.”

Xichen shrugged. “For now.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means that for the next five years, you’re going to be attached to this Omega. You’ll have to live together, at the very least.” Xichen curled his brow. “He’s worked for you for a year, and you’ve never found him attractive?”

 “He’s worked for you for a year, and you’ve never found him attractive?”

Lanzhan mulled that over. He supposed Weiying was one of the most beautiful Omega in office. His eyes were the brightest he had ever seen with the most charming smile and his chocolate hair looked thick and soft. He’d only ever seen him in slacks and blazers, but he thought He had a nice body.