Chapter-9

When Weiying was pulled from the depth of sleep and into the hazy cusp that was somewhere between dreams and wakefulness, he found himself pleasantly warm and utterly comfortable

He let out a sigh and snuggled deeper into the pillow. Then he realized that his pillow was more firm than it should have been. And it was breathing.

Weiying lifted his head and looked up at the same time Lanzhan opened his eyes and glanced down at him.

He blinked owlishly. "Good morning."

"Morning," Weiying murmured.

Suddenly realizing he was still laying on his chest (and woefully embarrassed about possible morning breath) Weiying pulled away and flopped back against his own pillow, realizing as he did that on top of using his chest as a pillow, his leg had also ended up between his in the night.

"Sorry," Weiying muttered as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "We must've...fallen asleep."

Lanzhan stretched, and he heard his spine pop before he settled against the mattress. "I'd say so. It was definitely more comfortable than sleeping on the floor, though.

"At least we'll be back in our own beds tomorrow night."

Lanzhan exhaled deeply. "Oh. Right." He hadn't thought about Weiying going home to his own apartment.

He sat upright and reached for his phone, but it wasn't plugged in on the nightstand. Weiying patted down the bed.

"Is my phone over there somewhere?" he asked.

Lanzhan searched through the quilt and found it before he handed it over to him. Weiying checked his notifications.

"Huaisheng wants us to come by his gym before we head out," Weiying said.

"Sounds fun."

Weiying slipped out of bed. "Granny will probably make breakfast, too." he grabbed his hoodie and turned back to Lanzhan, who hadn't moved from the bed. "You coming?"

Lanzhan cleared his throat. "Yeah. In a minute."

Weiying eyed him. "Is everything okay?"

Color rose in his cheeks. "Um...it's morning."

Weiying barked out an incredulous laugh as he planted one hand on his hip. "Seriously? Does that happen every morning?"

"Well shit, it's not my fault you had your leg over my dick!" He looked away from him and scrubbed his hand down his face. "And it doesn't happen every morning."

Weiying shook his head, still laughing. He was headed for the door when there was a knock. He froze, his eyes flickering over to Lanzhan.

"Good morning!" Madam Yu called through the door. "Gran made cinnamon rolls!"