Chapter-1

CHARACTER

Lan Wangji/ LanzhanAlpha ( Lan Clan)Marketing Manager In Cloud Recesses Company

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Lan Wangji/ Lanzhan
Alpha ( Lan Clan)
Marketing Manager In Cloud Recesses Company

Lan Wangji/ LanzhanAlpha ( Lan Clan)Marketing Manager In Cloud Recesses Company

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Wei Wuxian/ Weiying
Omega (Jiang's Clan)
Assistant of Lanzhan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 📖 CHAPTER-1 📖

“What do you mean, my visa application got denied?”

Nie Mingjue shrugged his shoulders as Lanzhan continued to gape at him, slack-jawed. This couldn’t be happening. There was no way. Lanzhan was an excellent candidate for citizenship. And he hadn’t done anything wrong.

“I mean, your work visa is about to expire,” Mingjue repeated. “And remember when we told you not to go to the Guanyin Temple?”

“We were about to lose Lanling Project—”

“Because you weren’t supposed to leave the country while your visa was being processed. And then you went anyway. And there was some paperwork you forgot to fill out.”

“I didn’t have a choice!” Lanzhan snapped. “Besides, it’s not like I’m really even an immigrant! I’ve lived in the Nie Clan off and on for ten years!”

“The government doesn’t see it that way.” Mingjue leaned his elbows on his desk and tented his fingers in front of his face. “We’re going to have to let you go, Lanzhan.”

Lanzhan’s jaw dropped open again. “You can’t fire me! My uncle owns the company!”

“I’ve already discussed it with him. We’ve decided that it’s the best course of action going forth.”

Lanzhan raked his hand through his hair. “There's...there's gotta be something I can do. I suppose I can work from the Gusu, video conferences and emails and stuff—”