Chapter-19

Weiying was woken up by the sound of his alarm beeping softly by his head. He didn’t even open his eyes as He grabbed his phone off of the bedside table and shut it off, his head never even lifting from the pillow.

“You better not fall back asleep,” came Lanzhan’s voice from behind him, still thick with sleep. “I don’t want to have to wake you up and risk getting punched in the throat again.”

“Mmf.” Weiying buried his head deeper into the pillow, already feeling sleep falling over him again. “Five more minutes?”

He felt him shift on the bed behind him, and then his warm hand was on his shoulder, pulling him back from the edge. “Not today, Weiying. If we don’t make our presence known soon, I’m sure that your family will come and kick in the door.”

“With Mother Lan and Sizhui right behind them,” He murmured.

“Yeah, probably.”

He let out a sigh and rolled over onto his back, rubbing one hand across his eyes. Lanzhan pulled away from him, but even in the semi-darkness, He saw the way that his lips were tugged up into a half-smile. He found himself returning it.

“Today’s the day,” He whispered, almost in disbelief.

“Are you nervous?” Lanzhan asked him softly.

He shook his head. “No...I’m actually not. Maybe I’ve spent so much time worrying about it over the last six weeks but now I’m just...ready for it. I’m not nervous at all.” He looked up at him. “You?”

“Same here,” he said. Then Lanzhan pushed back the blankets and got out of bed. “Don’t you fall back asleep.”

He ducked into the bathroom and shut the door. Weiying rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked up at the ceiling. He was calm, surprisingly so. He couldn’t explain it, not really, but He felt like maybe...everything would be okay. They were getting married this evening, and by tonight, they would be on a plane heading for the Gusu Lan Clan, to Caiyi Island. Then the next five years of their life would truly begin.

Weiying was going to tell him that he loved him. He didn’t know when, but he supposed that he would know when the moment felt right. He was certain that he felt something towards him, and that there was something holding him back. But if he told him how he felt, he would surely tell him his own feelings. Or so he hoped.

Lanzhan came back out of the bathroom, running his hand through his hair. He looked over at him and offered him a smile.

Lanzhan’s brow furrowed curiously. “What?”

Weiying looked away and sat upright, feeling blood rise in his cheeks. “I—nothing. I’m just...I have a feeling today will be a good day.”

The corner of his lips pulled up. “Me too.”

________________________________

“Ooh, look at you, Bunny!” Huaisung whooped when Weiying stepped out of the bathroom later that morning. “Let us see, let us see!”

Weiying pirouetted, showing off the white satin bathrobe with Bride emblazoned on the back. He had been more than surprised when Huaisung and Wen Ning presented it to him after breakfast that morning. Weiying buried his face in his hands and let out a laugh, feeling giddy in spite of himself.

He had never been the type of Omega who gave too much thought to his future wedding. Weiying had always supposed that it could wait until it was actually happening. And at the beginning of all of this, He still hadn’t cared much about it since it wasn’t his actual wedding. But now...it was starting to feel a little more like the real thing.

Weiying stepped deeper into the room, looking around at everyone gathered. It was like a mini party, with everyone spread out across the room to get ready.