W O R R I E D

Chapter 24
Madison Kurt

I sit on the bathroom floor worried. I haven't had my period in a while but I'm probably just overthinking I can't have a child in me. I'm only 20!

I hear a knock on the bathroom door. "Mads!" I hear Aaliyah yell on the other side. I wipe my tears away.

"Yeah?" I ask. "It's almost time for your date with Tom are you ready?" She asks.

I freeze at his name. Shit I have a date with Tom tonight. I don't move I still sit in the same spot on the bathroom floor.

"Mads?" Aaliyah says before she opens the door. She sees me on the floor with mascara running down my face.

"What's wrong?" She immediately gets down on the floor with me and hugs me. "Everything." I say into her hair.

"You can tell me right?" She pauses. "I mean I'm your best friend." She says and pulls away out of the hug. She wipes away my tears.

I can't help but cry even more. She pulls me back into a hug and rubs circles on my back to calm me. She does this whenever I'm having a panic attack or crying really hard.

Aaliyah has always been there for me and I'm really grateful for her. I can't imagine my life without her. I'm so glad I went to that party and met her when I was 16.

"I haven't got my period and I'm worried." I manage to say. She looks at me. "Don't worry ok? It's fine. It's probably just skipping a month." She says and try's to calm me down.

"It's never skipped a month." I say. "It can sometimes." She says with a high voice.

I look at her. "How about I go to the story and get a test and maybe some snacks." She says and smiles at me. I smile back at her. "Ok." I whisper.

-

I still sit in the same spot when Aaliyah left to the story. I look over when I hear the door open. She walks in with a bag in her hand.

"Ok I got coke, Kit Kats, gummies, and chips." She says and sits down by me.

"Thank you." I say. She hands me the bag of snacks. I look in it and see the test. I grab it out.

"Ok let's do this." I say and stand up. I look at the test in my hand. "Can you wait outside the door?" I ask Aaliyah.

"Yeah! Yeah of course. Just tell me when you need me." She says and walks out closing the door behind her.

I take the test and set it on the counter. I have to wait 10 minutes for the results. "You can come in now." I say to Aaliyah.

She walks in. "Do you have the results?" She asks. "No I have to wait 10 minutes." I say and sit back down on the floor.

She sits down with me and we wait for 10 long minutes which feels like 10 long hours if I'm being completely honest.

Authors note. Pls tell me if I should make Mads prego bc I don't really know what to do with the story!! 😭