The after party

We got back to the hotel and walked into the room that was set up with a DJ and dancefloor. There were tables situated around the room. The players family and friends were at them.

Each player went over to greet their families.

Beth called me over. Her mum June turned to me and said “Congratulations. You were so good”

I smiled and said “Thank you” she hugged me. The embrace was genuine. I pulled away, we chatted for a little bit and then I saw Viv.

We hugged and stood by the table talking until Beth being Beth came over and jumped into Viv’s arms.

“I missed you” Beth said to Viv

“I missed you too. I’m so proud of you” Viv said looking lovingly at Beth

“Thanks” Beth said

I had to because of the way Beth reacts to me and Leah “EWWWW”

Beth looked at me and said “What’s that for”

I said “Payback”’ and laughed

I mingled amongst the other players and their families. I ended up talking to Amanda Leah’s Mum. She just made me feel so comfortable. It was hard not having my own family there but I still had my chosen family. After about an hour of talking to Amanda. Sarina got onto the mic congratulating us all. And telling us to have a good night celebrating because we all deserved it after the way we got through the euros. She then asked Leah to step up and say something. I hadn’t spoken to Leah much since we got here but I knew that she had had a few drinks already. Leah was a light weight. Both me and Amanda looked at each other and she said “Maybe you should go and save our girl”

I smiled and said “Ok”

I walked off over to where Leah was. She looked at me and she said “I’m going to keep it short. I’m proud of the whole team. We achieved something pretty great. Let’s look forward to the next one but before that let’s party” Everyone cheered

Leah came over to me and said “Worried I was going to say something I’d regret”

“Nope but your Mum was she sent me over”

“I think my mum knows about us” Leah said

I replied “Yeah the fact she just called you our girl, I think your right”

Leah smiled and said let’s go and dance. We did. It seemed like we danced the night away. I had had a few drinks as well. Leah disappeared about 45 minutes ago. I don’t know where she went. It got hot in the room so I stepped outside.

A couple of minutes later Lucy came out. She said “You ok”

I said “Yeah was just a bit hot. Almost doesn’t feel right celebrating”

“I know but she will understand”

“I know. I’m glad I can go home and see my family tomorrow after Trafalgar square. Not that I haven’t had a good time at the euros” I said

Lucy said “I know. You just need them around sometimes especially after what happened”

“Thanks Luce. Not just for this but for everything you do for me. I love you” I said

“I love you too kid” Lucy replied

“Let’s go back” we did.

I went to get a drink but I saw Leah. I went over and said to her “I thought you left”

She said “I did. I’m so drained but it’s still early. I needed to help celebrate”

“You went to bed without even saying goodnight to me” I said

She said “I’m sorry. There was too many people around”

I nodded and said “ok” I got a drink for her and for me. I gave it to her, she looked at me and said “Thanks” Then she said something that I wasn’t expecting. “Maybe you can spend the night with me”

“Only if you want to Le, I don’t want to push you into anything”

Leah replied “your not. I want to”

I smiled and said “Lets go dance”

We did for around an hour and a half. It was defiantly time to go to bed.

We got to Leah’s room she gave me some joggers and a hoodie to wear. I got changed and got into bed. She did the same. She looked so exhausted, I knew that she needed a little bit of sleep before tomorrow so that’s what we would do. She cuddled into me and said “I will talk to Jordan as soon as I get home”

“Le, we don’t have to talk about that now” I said

She said “We do, I don’t want to hide away. This shouldn’t be a secret I’m not ashamed”

“I know Leah” she smiled and she kissed me. I kissed her back. After a minute or so we pulled away and she yawned. I said “’come on. Time to sleep”

She lay on my chest and quite quickly she was asleep.

I thought to myself maybe soon I could say that this girl was mine.