Moving to home base

Today we were moving to our home base hotel in Teddington. We arrived as a team from St. George’s park on our coach that we would be using for the tournament.

Before leaving St. Georges park we had a team meeting regarding standards that are expected during team time but also while at the resort. We were also told that the room shares were going to be reshuffled. Sarina felt like the team needed to inter-grate more. She thought this would help.

We wasn’t being told until after looking around the resort who our new roommate would be.

I was a bit apprehensive about who I would be with as I wasn’t good with change. For the last 2 years Beth Mead had been my roommate. She knew me as a friend and player. It worked well for us. Of course I would miss her ways. But this was about the team.

When we got to the hotel, we went to look at the awesome training pitch that we had. We couldn’t of asked for a better one.

Then we were shown to the chill room where In the next coming weeks we would spend a lot of time. It consisted of a pool table, table tennis table, darts. There was a basketball arcade game. Games consoles and many more things to help us relax when we were able to. I actually couldn’t believe it. The whole team looked around in awe.

After 10 minutes in the chill room we were shown to a room that would be our meeting room throughout the tournament.

Sarina asked us all to sit down as she had our room allocations to announce.

Room 101- Lucy Bronze and Millie Bright

Room 102- Beth Mead and Keira Walsh

Room 103- Georgia Stanway and Rachel Daly

Room 104- Leah Williamson and Dani Scott

I switched off after I heard who my roommate was. Obviously I was happy about having one of my best friends as my roommate but then I also knew how messy Leah was and I wasn’t sure if I was ready for that.

After all the rooms were announced, we was let go so we could get settled and unpack.

Beth walked over to me and Leah outside the meeting room, looked at me and said “good luck with Leah I think your gonna need it”

 I rolled my eyes at Beth and replied “oh I know” Leah didn’t seem impressed but knew we were only joking around with her.