𝙰 𝚁𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚔

Silence filled the air as Emily watched her friend. "Karlie, it's time we have a talk." Karlie gulped, knowing what was about to be said.

"Yeah...I know. Can't it wait until we get home?"

"Huh? But no ones' here." Karlie looked around as she found that they were in fact, the only ones on their street.

It was the end of the day, and Karlie and Emily were walking home from their prestigious school. They found it weird that they didn't have club duties to do, but also a perfect time to relax after a long day of school.

"Oh...yeah."
"You miss them, don't you?" Karlie nodded, starting at a line of ants on the ground.

"I just...remember about them all of a sudden. Right now I'm starting to overthink about our families and friends. Like are we dead in our world?...Or are we still sleeping in a coma and when we go back, we'll wake up in the hospital, finding out that we've been asleep for 10 years. Or are we awake and someone else is living in our-"

"Karlie, you need to seriously calm down before I smack you. I already said before that everyone will be fine. I bet everything is frozen for us, and if not then they'll still do fine without us. I mean Jason might panic and Jackson could be questioning what happened to us, but they'll be okay." She gave her friend a "trustworthy" thumbs up.

Karlie took a deep breath. Her shoulders sagged a bit.

"You might be right. Like you said, time could be frozen and we could just be sleeping throughout the whole night..." Emily wrapped her arm around the girl's shoulders.

"Dude, we're living out a dream that every weeb in the world dreams of! I know this is weird and you're worried about everyone back home but, take a deep breath and be selfish with me. Enjoy this because we don't know when the hell we're going back. So live a little!" Emily smirked, as she waved her free arm around, to express her "vision".

Karlie's eyes started to tear up, as she tried to wipe them away, which caused them to leak even more. Emily just chuckled.

"Awww!!! Emily...y-you're the best friend ever! I'm sorry that I'm being an emotional mess. I just miss them!" Emily placed her hand on her head, looking directly at the girl's eyes.

"I miss them too. They're always going to be in our hearts, and we'll see them once we get back home. Even though I don't want this dream to ever end HAHA!!!"

"Yeah! I want to enjoy this world! I'm really happy, and I'm grateful to experience it with you Emily! You're my best friend ever ahhhhh!" Karlie pulled Emily into a hug as they laughed the tears away. "D-Dude you're going to make me cry haha!"

"Well it's okay to cry because crying is a normal part of life and I'm an emotional person!" Emily spun her friend, not caring about the world around.

Their already gigantic bond grew more and more, as their laughter grew louder in the empty street. For the two, that's just what they needed. A laugh. Each other.

Emily let go, wiping her tears away. "You know...I would be a little bummed out if I was alone in this..."

"Wait Really?"

"Well yeah...Like I would be totally excited...but then be burnt out and depressed that I had no one here. So I'm glad my best friend in the whole world is here with me!" Karlie giggled at her friend, feeling overwhelmed.

Finding out how she dealt with being alone really made Karlie think so much more about Emily. She always thought she were strong and now seeing the cracks made her feel like it was okay to have cracks as well. Everyone has cracks.

"Thank you Emily! I'm glad you're not alone and helping me out now. Honestly I think I'm gonna cry again." She softly spoke as another tear suddenly let loose. Emily brought her friend into another hug, as Karlie squeezed for dear life.