𝐯𝐢. TO LIVE FOR THE HOPE OF IT ALL

Heart Shaped Scars 。゚・ׂׂૢ࿐𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒗𝒊 ─── ❝ to live for the hope of it all ❞

𝖈𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒗𝒊 ─── ❝ to live
for the hope of it all ❞

       𝕬LYA COULDN'T REMEMBER much when she woke up. She'd either been sleeping for too long that her mind was hazy, or the punch at the previous night's party had been infused with Aphrodite's love and juju juice.

She didn't want to try and figure out which one it was.

Slowly, memories began to trickle back in. She remembered giggling like an elated child, and dancing around no better than one. She remembered a song by Maroon 5 playing and Luke going nuts and telling her how much he loved it. She remembered him smiling a lot.

Then, she remembered him kissing her on the nose and her kissing him on the cheek like giggly little kids. She remembered almost kissing him properly, only to be split apart by an actual little kid scrambling between them, a friend of his following behind.

Holy Hera.

Alya felt like an electric shock had been sent through her body once that memory came back. She almost kissed Luke. Luke almost kissed her. They almost kissed.

A nerve struck down her entire spinal cord. It was like her body was telling her You hear that, Alya? You're doing the scariest thing ever: falling for someone! Ha!

Her eyes shot open and were immediately attacked by the sunlight that seeped into the room through the porthole on the wall, like it was asking her the sun's up, why aren't you?

This was not good. Yes, she found herself falling harder for Luke than she'd like to admit, but that was enough.

Wanting him was enough.

But it being real, being something more, was scary. Curse her mother and every stupid principle she stood for. Sure, love was beautiful and happy and made you feel like floating on clouds, but more than any of that it was horrifying.

She knew how she felt, and after yesterday and his impromptu kinda-confession, she was pretty sure she knew how he felt too. But that didn't make things any easier.

Besides, falling in love almost never worked out. Her parents were a prime example of that.

Alya looked around and took in her surroundings. She was laying on top of the clean white comforter of a full sized bed, her shoes off and discarded on the floor.

Her backpack was tossed on a chair in the corner of the room along with Luke's. And on the floor beside the bed, was the boy himself.

His shoes off as well, the son of Hermes was curled up on the ground still sleeping. Alya then noticed that one pillow was missing from the otherwise made-up bed, which was now tucked away underneath Luke's head.