Kageyama Tobio - Sleep

Magsimula sa umpisa

Which is why when Kageyama saw you pacing outside of the entrance of the gym with your arms crossed so that you could pick at the skin of your forearm, a rush of panic filled him. What could have happened from the time he woke up to lunchtime?

His hand clutched together on the strap of his bag.

"Hey," he said.

You paused at his voice. "Hi," you said. You were shifting your weight from one leg to the other, which told Kageyama that you'd still be pacing if he didn't grab your attention.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"What time are you going to be back tonight?"

Kageyama furrowed his eyebrows. "Probably late. We're figuring out a new play since we got a new member. We want to get the timing right before our final games."

You nodded. "I'm going to sleep at my place today, then."

"Why? Is there something wrong? You know you can just move things around however you like it."

You bit the inside of your cheek. Kageyama saw you beginning to pick at your fingernails. He stepped forward and encased his hands over yours; they were cold.

"I'm alone," you whispered. In a stronger voice, with no anger and lingering sadness, you said, "I wake up alone and go to sleep alone. You're never there, so why am I living at your home, trying to see if we can live together when you're not there?"

"I—" He never wanted you to feel alone. He felt horrible that he didn't see it sooner. Kageyama replayed the past days in his mind, and you were right. He thought that things would stay the same; his days didn't change much, and he got the chance to come home every day to you.

After the moment of his hesitation, you continued, "I can't even blame you because I know you want to train and that your games are coming up; I want you to train and become better. I just can't sleep in your apartment again alone."

"Okay."

"Okay?" you sounded out.

Kageyama nodded, more sure. "Yes. I'm sorry that I'm not there, I want to be, and I think I can be, just not right now. This is why we're trying, and we can try again another time when things have quieted down. I don't want to lie to you. I already promised that I'd help my team, and that means being at home less, but I don't want you to feel alone. If you're more comfortable at your apartment, then go there for now."

"We're okay?"

"We're fantastic."

You smiled. The tension relaxed from your shoulders, and you held his hand as fiercely as he held yours.

"But," he said. "I have grown used to sleeping beside you, even if you don't know I'm there. Can I go to your place instead?"

"Only if you wake me up when you come in."

"You want me to wake you up?"

"Yes."

Kageyama made a sour face. "Are you going to yell at me if you do?"

"Nope."

He sighed. "Whatever you want."

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

You had drifted in your own bed. All of the lights were still on and the warm water that you had brought up to your nightstand was slowly cooling down without having a sip taken from it. You didn't hear the keys fitting in the door or the gentle way Kageyama had pulled the door closed and taken off his shoes.

Your room was his first stop. You were curled into a ball near your side of the bed with your eyes closed and the steady rise and fall of your chest.

He hated to do it, but he crouched down beside you and placed a hand on your arm, shaking it carefully. "I'm back."

You didn't move. He sighed and shook a little harder. "Please wake up. I don't want to wake you up, but you asked for this."

Your eyes cracked open. "Hey."

"I'm back," he repeated, smiling. He didn't like it, but maybe he needed to wake you up too. Just for a moment to hear your voice.

"I see that," you mumbled. "Thanks for waking me up. Now, go away so I can sleep again."

Kageyama scoffed. "You asked me to do it."

He kissed your forehead and stood up. He rubbed his shoulder and headed towards the bathroom to shower before sleeping.

"Tobio?"

He turned. "Yes."

"Come to bed quickly."

Kageyama doubled back and kissed you on the forehead again. "Whatever you want."

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Not much of a story...more like random scenes

I'm planning something! And finishing up my summer course! Good luck to anyone else in school!

Thanks for reading! — Kiwi 

Posted: 12/06/2023