But still, nothing could take the contentment of watching the mountains in the far distance glimmer from the reflection of the sun on its tips. Or so Legolas thought.

"Legolas!"

Legolas sighed and tore his gaze from the view to where Gimli was lumbering lazily over to him. "Yes, Gimli?"

"I fear the weather has gotten to me today!" Gimli announced. "But alas, Aragorn has requested a hunting patrol to be sent out for a great feast tonight. He advises us to go out now."

"'We'?" Legolas repeated, a grin tugging at the corners of his mouth.

Gimli gave him a playful glare. "Is the grand elf too hot to hunt for his king with the greatest dwarf in Gondor?"

"I am merely worried you might fall behind and we wouldn't have your great presence at the dinner table," Legolas said, a smile breaking out on his face as he walked toward the great doors of the throne room.

Shade...

Gimli let out a loud huff of annoyance and offence, then followed Legolas into the throne room. Legolas pushed the doors open and strode down the hall, then turned down a narrow white passage that led to his room. Gimli followed him, for his room was down there also, and continued to ramble on about rude and careless elves about how they would get themselves killed one day.

"It is touching you care about my safety," Legolas said. , turning to face him as he reached the door to his room. "But I can take care of myself."

Gimli glared at him under his bushy eyebrows. "Aye, that's what they all say," Gimli grumbled. He then playfully slapped Legolas' arm then pushed past him to go to his own room. "I'll see you at the gates long before you get there!"

"We'll see about that," Legolas called after him.

Gimli started to quicken his pace, then Legolas smirked.

The race was on.

He quickly darted into his room and instantly went to his neatly folded elvish clothing. His hunting clothing, which was mainly a dark shade of green with a few sheaths and a leather belt. He grabbed it and quickly changed into it; he was used to changing quickly for he had had loads of practice in his former home with the woodland elves in emergencies. He buckled his belt in one fluent motion, then grabbed his quiver of arrows, then his bow that had been given to him from the Lady Galadriel herself, and slung both on his back. He grabbed a couple daggers and stashed them in his sheaths, then another long white one and did the same. He looked around his room, making sure he hadn't forgotten anything, then sprinted out of it, closing the door behind him quickly. He was halfway down the hallway when he heard a loud crash from Gimli's room. He shot a glance over his shoulder to see Gimli staggering out of his room, axe in hand and a small helmet fitted on his head. Legolas stuck to a jog, knowing that Gimli could not run fast. Gimli came crashing down the hall, yelling insults at him.

"You stupid elf! How did you get dressed so quickly?" Gimli said between mighty pants.

"I've had practice!" Legolas called behind him. He burst into the throne room, only realising then that he'd taken a different route on the way back outside. Aragorn and Arwen were currently in the throne room, discussing something, but as soon as Legolas burst through they turned to him, surprise written all over their faces.

"What in Middle-Earth is going on?" Arwen questioned, seeming to expect a whole horde of beasts coming charging after Legolas. But seeing that Legolas seemed completely calm, she seemed to calm down.

"Ah, Legolas," Aragorn acknowledged him. "Did Gimli mention going–"

"Yes he did!" Legolas interrupted, hearing Gimli coming closer behind him. He picked up his pace and flew down the other hall that led him outside. Gimli burst into the throne room, yelling threats and insults at him still.