𝐵𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹𝓎 𝑀𝓊𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇

Start from the beginning

After all this time, Kazuya was still the same.

The same psychotic man Kai swore to never become.

*****************
Tokyo Japan, 1989

The blood splattered floors and tobacco scent seemed to make the room less homey, but to the Asahi children, it was home.

Kenji shakily scrubbed the blood off of the floor while Kaya sat beside Kai in tears, wondering if Oto San would do the same to her.

"K-kai? Are you okay?" Kaya said shakily.

The silence in the dark room was suffocating and Kai's eyes only added to the sultry, darkness of the night.

"He can't. He won't. NO! HE CAN'T! HE CAN'T DO THAT RIGHT KAYA!" Kai shouted.

Both Kenji and Kaya tensed in confusion until Kai pulled Kaya's shirt and shouted once more.

"RIGHT KAYA? HE CAN'T DO THAT!" Kai shouted in anger.

Kaya's eyes watered at Kai's action and she soon began to sob at her brother's strange behavior.

She was in fact, nothing but a mere eight year old.

Kenji quickly pulled Kaya away from Kai and touched Kai's head in comfort.

Whatever Kazuya said and did messed up Kai badly.

And even though Kazuya said and did loads of things to Kai, this was different.

Extremely different.

"Kai. What did Oto San say to you? Why did he whip you?" Kenji asked curiously.

Kai shakily sighed and touched the small necklace on his neck as he thought of the hours before.

"I told him I'd run away. And never come back."

8 hours earlier....

"You're stupid." Sora giggled.

Kai smiled and grabbed her arm before pulling her onto the chair alongside him.

The couple sneakily ran into a room with no security and savored their time together.

"It's not stupid to want you Sora. Let's run away together! Just me and you. Please? I'll give you the biggest diamond in the world once we get out of here!" Kai said happily.

Sora giggled once more and kissed Kai gently as he held her in his arms.

It was so hard for them to be alone since the entire Asahi home watched Kai's every move.

Kai had just completed his training for the day and Hiroshi, Sora's father allowed her to stay at the Asahi home.

"If we're ever separated, can you please remember me? Will you always love me?" Sora asked tearfully,

"We're never going to be separated Sora. Ever. Don't ever say that again, okay? You'll be my wife one day. I can't wait to see you walking down the aisle. I can't wait for you to be Sora Asahi." Kai beamed.

Sora smiled widely at Kai's words and hugged him even tighter.

Even though it had been ten years since her mother's death, Sora was still hurting.

Kai was the only person who truly loved her all these years.

He was the reason why she continued to live.

Without Kai, Sora would have nothing.

And without Sora, Kai would have nothing.

"KAI? OTO SAN IS LOOKING FOR YOU!" Kenji shouted from the hallway.