Quaritch...

chapter 29...

As Quaritch and Lyle dragged the net back over towards the ship, Lo'ak attempted to cut through it with his knife as fast as he could.

"Faster!" Za'nara yelled at Lo'ak as they gained closer and closer to the ship.

Lo'ak managed to cut half way through but before cutting the rest, Quaritch dumped them down on the deck.

Spider watched from afar as the group all got dumped and made a run for the main deck, knocking out guards and sprinting his way down.

The group all pulled out their knives and attempted to attack back as Quaritch's blue team grabbed them, all holding them down.

Z-dog threw Tuk around roughly and Za'nara managed to lay one cut on Z-dog's arm, but before Tuk could slip away, she grabbed her by her braid and pulled her back. Za'nara then got pinned to the ground and had to drop her knife.

"Hey what are you doing! Stop!" Spider yelled, running towards the kids before getting grabbed my two guards who held his arms back tightly.

"Spider! Lo'ak yelled.

"Bro are you okay?" Spider asked, stupidly as Lo'ak was being held to the ground.

"Yeah, great cuz, never better!" Lo'ak replied, sarcastically.

"Za'nara!" Spider yelled out realising she was also being held to the ground next to Lo'ak.

"Spider, long time no see!" Za'nara replied, happy to see him.

He smiled.

Quaritch flew down to the ship, hopping off his ikran and walking over to Spider.

"Get back to the bridge!" Quaritch demanded. "Keep him there!"

The guards grabbed Spider and pushed him back.

"I'm going, I'm going!" Spider yelled at the guards, as he made his way back to the bridge.

Quaritch turned to Lo'ak and smirked. Lo'ak hissed at Quaritch as he remained laying on the ground unable to move.

"I remember you." Quaritch grinned.

"Leave him alone!" Za'nara yelled out.

The familiar voice shocked Quaritch as he turned to see Za'nara laying on the ground next to Lo'ak.

"Za'nara."

"Leave him alone." Za'nara repeated.

"I see the Sully's have made a big impact on you." Quaritch stated. "Have you forgotten everything we've been through."

"No, I wish I could forget though." Za'nara replied. "You made me believe that nobody wanted me, that my family couldn't care less, that the Sully's were a bunch of half breed fakes who only care about themselves when we both know that's not true. You tried to justify kidnapping me from my family. Your the villain Quaritch, not them."

"Cuff em to the rail! Quaritch yelled. "Not Za'nara, she's coming with me."

"No! Lo'ak screamed, attempting to break away from the guard holding him, to run to Za'nara.

He made it out for a quick second and ran into Za'nara's arms holding her tightly before the two could get pulled apart.

"I love you, it'll be okay." Za'nara reassured him, whispering in his ear as the guards tried to pull them away.

"I love you, with everything in me, hold on to that, I'll save you." Lo'ak replied, pulling her in for one last desperate kiss as the guards pulled them away from each other.