hesitate

chapter three.

Za'nara stayed hidden in the trees as she watched Quaritch capture the kids.

The kids were all held by their braids, as they didn't communicate to the sky people and used their foreign language to trick them into thinking they couldn't understand them.

"Mawey, Mawey!" Kiri repeated to her siblings.

Lyle held Kiri, he turned to her hand and held it up in the air.

"Look Coronel, looks like we got ourselves a half breed." Lyle announced.

"Shit." Spider whispered under his breath.

Quaritch smirked and turned to Lo'ak.

"Show me you fingers!" Quaritch demanded.

Lo'ak slowing brought up his hands, flipping off Quaritch, with both middle fingers up. Quaritch chuckled.

"Your his, aren't you?" Quaritch asked knowingly.

Lo'ak didn't reply back, instead he snarled at Quaritch.

"You're his alright." Quaritch smirked.

Quaritch approached Lo'ak and tugged hard on his braid, Lo'ak let out a small growl of pain.

"Where is he?" Quaritch asked firmly.

"Sorry I don't speak english to assholes." Lo'ak replied in his foreign Na'vi language so it would come across that the kids don't speak english.

"Where is your father?" Quaritch replied in Na'vi. Tugging harder on Lo'aks braid, causing him to yell in pain.

"Really? You wanna play it this way?"

Quaritch pulled out a knife and held it in front of Lo'aks face trying to install fear in the young boys head. Instead of putting it up to Lo'ak, Quaritch turned around and began walking to Kiri.

"No Kiri!" Lo'ak yelled. "No stop! Don't hurt her!"

"Hey, hey! Don't touch her!" Spider screamed.

Quaritch turned around to Spider, looking at the human kid who dressed like the Natives.

"What's your name, kid?" Quaritch asked Spider.

"Spider. Socorro."

Quaritch came closer to Spider and took a knee in-front of him.

"Miles?" Quaritch asked.

"Nobody calls me that." Spider replied.

"Well I'll be damned." Quaritch said in shock. "I figured they would've sent you back to earth."

"You can't put babies in cryo dipshit." Spider said with a mad expression on his face.

Quaritch got up and stood silently for a second.

Za'nara stayed above the trees, not knowing whether to come down and help Quaritch or save the friends she had grown to hate.

"What we doin, boss?" Lyle asked Quaritch.

Quaritch called to his helicopter team to let them know about the hostages they had taken and to head back now. The blue team pulled the kids down to wait for the helicopter to arrive.

Za'nara lifted her bow and arrow and aimed it for the guy who was holding on to Lo'ak's braid. She thought to herself, if she did this, she would be killed instantly for betraying Quaritch. The man who has been like a father to her. Who basically raised her. Then there was the people she would probably still be close with til this day if she was never kidnapped by the sky people. The people that never found her and ended up giving up on her. She began to raise her bow but put it done shortly after, not knowing what to do.

The eclipse came upon them and in the distance was Jake, Neytiri and Neteyam. They hopped off their Ikrans and silently headed to find their family.

Quaritch and his team waited patiently for the helicopter, waiting in silence underneath the rain, still holding the kids as prisoners.

In one of the trees in the distance, Neytiri hid behind as she layed eyes on her children and planned her attack. Jake snuck around taking out the guards that were scouting the forest silently.

Neytiri called to her family, a sacred call that was used specifically for her kids. Za'nara got taught it when she was young as a way to remember if you get lost, that if you hear that call, Neytiri was there to help you.

That familiar call came from the distance and the kids all turned their heads and nodded to one another after hearing their mothers call. Za'nara took a second to figure it out before remembering Neytiri's call instantly.

"Neytiri." Za'nara whispered to herself.

Neytiri hid behind the tree, aiming her arrow at the guard who was holding Kiri and Spider. She was hesitant with releasing her arrow as fear of hitting Kiri came over her.

Neytiri raised her bow in the air and was ready to shoot before someone else shot an arrow straight through the guards head, killing him allowing Kiri and Spider to escape. Za'nara had taken the shot and decided to save Kiri, she drew back her arrow and hid away as the sky people began to shoot at the tree Neytiri was hiding behind. Before Kiri and Spider could get away they were grabbed again by the sky people but this time Neytiri didn't hesitate and shot the sky person in the face allowing her daughter to run free.

"Lo'ak!" Neytiri yelled to her son.

Lo'ak turned to the guard, unclipping the smoke grenade on his vest and biting the arm of the guard who was holding onto his braid. Tuk followed after her brother, biting Z dog's arm and escaping. Lo'ak grabbed Tuk and they headed north away from the guards.

Za'nara began to run away in the distance to not get noticed by anyone. She ran as fast as she could and turned behind her to make sure no one was following her until she ran into someone and fell over.

"I'm sorry." The guy infront of her spoke. "I didn't see you there."

"No that's oka-

Za'nara froze as she looked up at the guy infront of her. Neteyam. She stared for a second in panic.

"Za'nara." Neteyam said in shock.

Za'nara turned around and began sprinting off in the distance to avoid Neteyam. Neteyam sprinted after her as they ran through the forest.

End of chapter 3!