it's not a coincidence

chapter 25.

Two days had past since Za'nara and Lo'ak found the bullet in the sand. They decided not to mention it to anyone as they believed it was just a coincidence and didn't want to cause any stress in the clan. So they went on as they normally did and didn't mention it to anyone...

[in the sully hut]

Jake and Neytiri were sat down in the hut, chopping up food to prepare for dinner, when Toniwari emerged from the rain, walking past their hut looking distressed. The smiles on their faces quickly dimmed once they saw the look on Toniwari's face... they knew something bad must of occurred.

Jake followed Toniwari out of the hut and soon after Neytiri followed behind Jake.

"What's wrong?" Jake asked Toniwari.

"Sky people." Toniwari replied. "They're looking for you Jake Sully. South, they have a human boy who speaks na'vi."

"Did they kill anybody?" Jake asked hesitantly.

"Not yet." Toniwari replied. "They threaten, but the villagers will not tell them where you are, by my order."

Jake took a deep breath and turned to Neytiri who looked terrified...Jake could see the fear running through her eyes. Not for her but for their family.

~

Neytiri sat down in the hut, chopping the fruits up aggressively. Jake could see the rage that was smeared across her face.

"We must hunt this demon...trap him. Kill him!" Neytiri yelled.

"We've gotta be smart." Jake replied.

Neytiri turned to Jake with an angry expression.

"If we hit Quaritch, they're gonna know where we are and they're gonna come here with everything they've got." Jake explained.

Neytiri sighed.

"Then what is our plan?" Neytiri asked.

Jake sighed.

"I don't know..." Jake replied. "I need to talk to Za'nara."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Neytiri asked.

"She has a right to know."

[Later that day]

Za'nara sat down in the hut, braiding Lo'ak's hair.

"Would you stop fidgeting?" Za'nara asked him.

"I hate sitting still." Lo'ak replied.

"Well suck it up."

The two laughed and didn't even notice Jake entered the hut.

"Kids." Jake greeted them.

"Hey dad." Lo'ak greeted him.

"Your sons a crybaby." Za'nara said to Jake.

"I am not!" Lo'ak snapped. "You tug to hard."

"If you don't mind, I need to have a word with Za'nara..alone." Jake said to the kids.

"Yeah, no problem. My hair needs a break anyway." Lo'ak replied.

Lo'ak gave Za'nara a kiss on the cheek and exited the hut.

"What's up?" Za'nara asked Jake.

"Za'nara I'm going to tell you something but you have to promise your not going to freak out and you have to keep it a secret." Jake began to explain.

"Okay..." Za'nara replied, hesitantly. "What is it?"

Jake took a deep breath in.

"Quaritch, he's close. South." Jake explained. "He's been attacking clans...looking for me."

Za'nara froze. Words couldn't come out of her mouth. Jake could see the fear in her eyes when he said Quaritch's name.

"No.."

"Listen to me.." Jake leant down and held her shoulders. "I won't let him hurt you. He won't even get close."

"Has he hurt anyone?" Za'nara asked.

Jake put his head down.

"Oh Eywa."

"I'm telling you this for your own safety... you can't tell Lo'ak or anyone else. Toniwari's orders. I thought you had a right to know." Jake explained.

"Spider?" Za'nara asked.

"He's with him." Jake replied.

"He's alive." Za'nara spoke with a sense of relief in her voice.

Jake nodded.

Za'nara took a deep breath, like a weight had just been lifted off her shoulders.

"What's going to happen, Jake?" Za'nara asked, worried about the fate of the future.

"I don't know."

A tear ran down Za'nara's cheek.

"We need to prepare for battle." Za'nara said to Jake. "We should be training!"

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." Jake replied. "All I want is to keep this family safe."

<Later that night>

Za'nara sat down out by the fish and kicked her toes in the water. Neytiri noticed the look on her face and walked over to sit down with her.

"Upe lu keyawr?" Neytiri asked her.

translates to: what is wrong?

"Jake told me." Za'nara replied. "I don't know what to think."

"Oh sweet child." Neytiri whispered, caressing the side of Za'nara's cheek. "You should not worry, he won't find us here."

"He already managed to track down that we are somewhere in the Metkayina. It's only a matter of time." Za'nara explained.

"Rä'ä plltxe na akum." Neytiri replied.

translates to: don't speak like that.

"Ngaytxoa." Za'nara apologised.

(Sorry)

"I know your scared...but I promise you I will protect you like my own. Your family my sweet girl. I love you like my own." Neytiri comforted her. "We have to be calm about this. We can't let our worries get the best of us. We must be strong and prepared for anything."

"I love you." Za'nara spoke sincerely. "Thank you for treating me like your own."

Neytiri brought Za'nara into her and hugged her warmly. It was that motherly hug that had a different effect than any other hug you could receive.

"Don't worry, I've seen you fight. Your going to be the most toughest young hunter we've ever seen." Neytiri comforted. "You may even be a better shot than me."

"Okay now your just trying to make me feel better." Za'nara replied.

"Is it working?" Neytiri asked.

"Yes.."

Neytiri smiled down at her and hugged her once again.

end of chapter 25...

sorry this chapter was short... I just wanted to cut it down so i could make longer chapters for you all xxx