when in heat

chapter twenty 🐋

The only people who knew about Lo'ak and Za'nara's relationship was, Tsireya, Neteyam and supposedly Kiri, but Kiri didn't really care or pay any attention to the subject. So Za'nara and Lo'ak were still sneaking around trying their best not to get caught by Jake and Neytiri or the rest of the clan.

Trying to keep their secret hidden though was beginning to become a lot harder than they thought. They seized every opportunity for time alone as they could whilst trying to be sneaky. It was getting hard to hide it because every time they saw each other, all they wanted was each other. They were acting like two animals in heat.

Za'nara ran down to the shore and behind some rocks as Lo'ak followed her. The eclipse was above them. Za'nara hid around the corner and as Lo'ak emerged from the rocks, Za'nara jumped on him, Lo'ak instantly held her up, allowing her to wrap her legs around his waist as he held her fore arms and kissed her passionately.

"We have the be back before the eclipse finishes." Za'nara whispered in his ear.

"Plenty of time." Lo'ak whispered back, laying her down on the sand and kissing all down her neck.

Or the other scenarios were they almost get caught.

Za'nara was sitting on Lo'ak's lap, in his hammock as  nobody else from the family was home at the time. Neytiri had forgotten her bow and entered the hut to grab it when she heard noises coming from across the way.

"Lo'ak!" Neytiri yelled.

"Shit, hide!" Lo'ak whispered to Za'nara.

Za'nara gathered her stuff and ran around the corner as quickly as possible.

Neytiri walked into where Lo'ak's hammock is and looked around suspiciously.

"I thought I heard...Nevermind." Neytiri stated before exiting the hut again.

"Bye mom." Lo'ak replied.

Lo'ak waited for the coast to be clear and called out to Za'nara.

"That was close." Za'nara sighed. "We are getting sloppy with our tactics."

"I know, that's the third time we've almost been caught so far." Lo'ak replied.

"Do you think we shouldn't be doing this? Like we are still young." Za'nara asked him.

"Your right we are young, but there's one thing I've never been more sure of in my life and that's my love I hold for you." Lo'ak comforted her. "I love every part of you."

Za'nara pulled Lo'ak into her embrace and hugged him tightly, allowing all her worries to wash away as soon as their skin touch. Lo'ak placed soft kisses on her collarbone all the way up to her neck.

"You and I." Za'nara whispered into his ear, causing his ears to perk up.

"Forever." Lo'ak replied, nibbling on Za'nara's ear.

Za'nara giggled.

[Neytiri and Jake:]

"Ma Jake." Neytiri called to Jake as they were out in the ocean.

"Neytiri, what is ma tìyawn?" Jake asked her.

(My love)

"Something is not right with Lo'ak." Neytiri stated. "He seemed distressed when I saw him just before, like he was hiding something."

"That boy is gonna be the death of me." Jake replied. "What was he doing?"

"He was sweating, yet he was only laying down in his hammock and his voice sounded puffed out and anxious." Neytiri explained.

"I'll talk to him, if that would help calm your nerves?" Jake suggested.

"I'm probably worrying over nothing, it's just the last time he hid stuff from us, he ended up in trouble with the Olo'eyktan. I don't want that again." Neytiri expressed.

"Mawey, tìyawn, mawey." Jake comforted. "Frawzo."

Translates to: Calm, love, calm. All is well.

Neytiri sighed and leant in to hug her husband who instantly held her in his arms and pulled her head into his chest.

Later on that day>

Lo'ak was sitting down with Tuk and Za'nara by the water collecting shells for Tuk. When Jake approached the group.

"Kids." Jake greeted.

"Daddy!" Tuk yelled, dropping her shells and jumping into her father's arms.

"Hey, baby girl." Jake greeted Tuk, hugging her tight.

"What's up, dad?" Lo'ak greeted him.

"Um Lo'ak, we got some training to be getting too." Jake stated.

"I didn't know we had training today." Lo'ak replied.

Za'nara looked at Jake in confusion.

"Last minute plan, come on your brother's waiting." Jake lied.

"Okay..." Lo'ak replied, following his father.

As Lo'ak and Jake walked away, Lo'ak turned around and faced Za'nara. Za'nara was confused whilst Jake was suddenly planning a last minute training and not bringing Za'nara too. Lo'ak shrugged his shoulders and followed his father.

As Jake led Lo'ak to their training spot, Lo'ak stopped in his tracks once he realised Neteyam was nowhere to be seen and neither were any bows.

"Dad, why'd you bring me here?" Lo'ak asked. "I know it wasn't to train."

"Your mother wanted me to speak to you." Jake replied.

"About what?"

"She believes you are hiding something from us." Jake explained.

Lo'ak stared at his father with a confused look on his face.

"Why would she think that?" Lo'ak questioned.

"Something about you being sweaty or anxious when she saw you this morning." Jake explained. "She said you sounded like you were hiding something."

Lo'ak froze once he heard that sentence come out of his dads mouth. He knew he needed to come up with a fast lie, quickly.

"She must have been mistaken." Lo'ak replied. "I'm not hiding anything."

Jake stared deeply into Lo'ak's eyes. Lo'ak wanted desperately to look away from his father's gaze but he knew if he did, his dad would believe he was guilty of something.

"Whatever you did, because I know you did something.." Jake stated. "Stop it now, because I don't want you getting into any more trouble, you hear me?"

"Yes sir." Lo'ak replied. "Can I go now?"

Jake nodded, Lo'ak headed back over to the beach and as he walked away, took a big breath of relief and went to find Za'nara.

~

Za'nara was in the sully hut with Kiri, cutting up fruit when Lo'ak entered.

"Za, we need to talk." Lo'ak said, emerging from the side of the hut.

"Okay.."

Za'nara exited the hut and sat on the deck with Lo'ak.

"We need to be more careful, my parents already suspect somethings going on and if we get caught..."

"I know, Lo'ak." Za'nara cut him off. "I had a feeling about what your dad was gonna say had something to do with this morning."

"It's probably for the best if we just cool it for a bit?" Za'nara suggested.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." Lo'ak replied.

"Now come inside, have some fruits." Za'nara said, pulling his hand into the hut.

end of chapter twenty🐋

za'nara and lo'ak up to no good, who would of thought 🤦‍♀️