〚Thank You!〛

A/N;

Hi! Thank you for reading The Bet! This is the shortest fanfiction I've ever written, and the one that's taken the least time to write. In total, it took me around 18 days to write this story. Once I was done, I just spaced out updates and edited as I updated.

As I've said in the beginning, the inspiration for this story comes from one of my other South Park Fanfictions called Escape (SP various x reader). There is also a 'bet' in that story, but it's completely different from this whole story. At the time, I was writing that arc in that story, I figured I wouldn't be able to fully explore the concept because it wouldn't make sense and would take away from read-time with other characters, and so I decided, 'Fuck it, I want to write about this idea, so I'll create a whole other story'. And boom, The Bet was in the making!

Writing this whole thing was fun, and there were rarely any moments I had any writer's block. I think the reason why was because (Y/n) was such an easy character to relate to. I know many of you could relate to her since I read all your comments! 

There are a few parallels I wanted to place into the story, and it may have slipped your attention, but I figured I'd share anyway. When talking about Carter, and Clyde, (Y/n) describes them both as people who forced their way into her life. There is meant to be a parallel between these two characters. Both are described as fun, playboy/flirty-extraverts who force (Y/n) out of her comfort zone, however, there is the key difference between them, and that is that Clyde genuinely loves her.

Although their personalities are similar, their actions speak differently because of their feelings. Clyde really loves (Y/n), so he is willing to do anything for her, including stopping his playboy traits. For instance, (Y/n) learns he uses ChatGpt to talk to girls and make them fall for him, she tells him to stop and he does. This was different for Carter since he had not really loved her. He was a player toward her through and through.

In Ch-15, Clyde finds (Y/n) suffocating by herself in a closet. This was purposely done to mirror the events that happened with Carter.

The first time she opens her heart is to Carter, in the end, she was betrayed by him when she finds him making out with another girl in a closet. 

The second time she opens her heart romantically is to both Stan and Kyle, and just like the first time, she was utterly betrayed. She ends up finding her way backed into a closet, once again, completely heartbroken, and feeling alone.

However, this time was different than the last because she had grown incredibly as a person because of Stan and Kyle, and had more people to support her through this experience. She had Clyde, whom she loves very much, but only as a friend. My reasoning for making Clyde and Carter have similar personalities was on purpose, it was so she could NOT fall in love with Clyde romantically. If anything she would attempt to steer clear of anyone who was similar to her first ex, which she did at first. However, as we know, Clyde forced her way into her life, really, for the better.

Something else I want to talk about is the Scoreboard. I thought this idea was a really fun idea because it helped the audience know who in the story was in the lead in terms of winning 'The Bet'. In most of the story, Kyle held an advantage over Stan. This was mostly because of Stan's poor introduction to (Y/n), and his bad reputation. Despite this, the score ends with a tie of 6 points each. At the time of writing this, I was really into writing hidden meanings behind things. The number 6 is considered an angel number for love, so it would work considering (Y/n) had fallen in love with both of them at this point.

The last thing I want to talk about is the best ending for (Y/n). I haven't read a lot of other Fanfictions in a long time, but I believe that most endings have one solid ending. If you've read any of my other Fanfictions, I always write multiple endings that the reader can choose themselves. For this story there are two endings; Stan and Kyle. 

It's really you're opinion on who is the best ending for (Y/n), you get to choose. But if you're interested in who I think the best option for (Y/n) is, I would have to say, Stan.

I know, not a popular choice lmao. A majority of those who read this, read it for Kyle. 

My reasoning for this is that Stan and (Y/n) have more vulnerable moments together, and we can really see them connect. Not to say that Kyle and (Y/n) don't have their moments, but in comparison to Stan's, they're not as close-up and personal. But rather, between Kyle and (Y/n), there is a mutual, strong attraction to each other like how a majority of most relationships start. 

Between Stan and (Y/n), they really push each other to improve. (Y/n) offers him the support he needs to stop drinking, and offers him a safe place to vent, overall, teaching him healthier ways to cope with his mental illness. Whereas Stan is someone that initially, (Y/n) didn't really see very highly of. This results in her being able to be open and true to herself, further helping her learn to get better with her social anxiety. 

Of course, Kyle and (Y/n) had very intimate moments as well, but their intimate moments were different. Rather, they were more similar to how normal, modern-day relationships start. Kyle and (Y/n) slowly get to know each other, becoming more and more attracted the more time they spend together. 

Ultimately, you the reader had the opportunity to choose your end:) 

In the last weeks of this story, I've received so so so much support! My stories never really gain much traction until weeks after I've finished them, and this was different than before! I'm so very thankful for all of your words of inspiration, and the votes and comments you leave! It really makes my day! 

Before anyone asks, there will NOT be a second book to this story. The endings don't end in a cliffhanger or indicate that there are more topics to explore. The reader gets their happy ending either way:)

Thank you again for the support! If you're interested in my other works, Escape (Sp x Reader) is still ongoing for the next few weeks! It's a various x reader, which means there are many love interests. That story, however, includes much more mature themes, and is very lengthy! So that's t/w in advance if you're interested.

If not, there's a Kenny x reader in the making right now, but I won't be uploading it until Escape is finished. 

I've said this a million times, but thank you all!

over n' out

-swagmaster 

6/16/2023

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙚𝙩 || 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙣 𝙭 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙭 𝙆𝙮𝙡𝙚 || 🎉