〚13〛Anxiety

〚Your P.o.v〛

"Good morning," I greeted the others by the bus stop.

They all greeted me shortly, as we waited by the bus stop. Once the bus arrived, I was about to take my seat next to Clyde, until someone called out to me,

"(Y/n)! Sit with me!" Kyle waved me over. I looked over to Clyde who was glaring at him.

"I'm gonna sit with him, stop glaring." I said blankly. Clyde frowned, but let me go. I almost felt sad for him for a moment. Clyde would normally be stubborn about these kinds of things, but he didn't say anything.

I made my way to Kyle, and sat next to him.

"I missed you all weekend," He said sweetly.

"I, uh- I missed you too," I returned, blankly. Kyle laughed slightly at my awkwardness, and leaned in toward me. I looked up at him, trying to decipher what he was thinking. He seemed the same as usual. He was so kind, and nice to me, he was patient and sweet. I don't understand why he would cheat on me, especially after dating for just a day. I still can't wrap my mind around it. There's no way he cheated. He pushed her away. He definitely did.

He frowned slightly, "What's wrong? You're back to acting shy around me, did something happen?" He seemed almost suspicious.

I wanted to confront him, but the girls told me not to. So I'm not gonna.

"Nothing, I just had a hard time sleeping last night," I said.

"Aw, really? Next time you can't sleep, call me, maybe I could help," He said considerately. I immediately felt my cheeks grow warm. He's so sweet to me, always looking out for me. I should be sweet to him too, shouldn't I? Plus, the girls told me to act like nothing happened so, I'll have to be more flirty? Like what Clyde is? Ugh, but I can barely interact with people as it is...

"Okay, I will then," I said softly, looking up at him. As my eyes met his, I could see light red on his cheeks. His gaze drifted away in embarrassment. I could feel myself smile as he reacted this way.

"Kyle,"

"Yeah?—" I leaned up to kiss his cheek. "I just realized I forgot to greet you good morning,"' I said with a smile.

He seemed sort of embarrassed, and this made me nervous. "T-Too much?"

"No! Not in the slightest! I want you to keep doing stuff like that!" He said.

"O-Okay," I said shortly, staring away from him. I fiddled with my hands nervously, until he grabbed one of them to hold. My heart is racing extremely fast right now. I think I'm gonna have a heart attack.

The bus arrived at school, and we all filed out. Exiting the bus, I saw the others who were waiting for me. Kyle let go of my hand,

"I'll see you at lunch?" He asked.

"Yeah, bye," I said shortly. He smiled, and kissed my forehead before leaving. I met up with Clyde who seemed to be upset.

"Clyde..."

"I'm fine! It's alright okay?!" Clyde said before I could finish. Everyone looked to him suspiciously, and I just looked at him sympathetically. Something is up with Clyde and I don't know what it is. He's obviously upset with what we found out about Kyle, but at the same time he's avoiding telling me how he feels. Which NEVER happens. He always tells me everything.

"Let's head to class," Tolkien said. I nodded, and followed along with the group.

"Clyde, you've got football practice today?" I asked.