How it starts

They say, love, at first sight, doesn't exist.

"Marry Me!"

The 5-year-old girl frowns in confusion, she looked at the girl in front of her who had a smile on her face.

"Marry?" The girl asked, "What's that?"

"It's what people ask others when they like someone!" The other says still with a smile on her face.

"But I don't know you?" The girl questions.

"Ah! I'm Jisoo! Kim Jisoo!" Jisoo introduced herself.

"I'm Chaeyoung." Chaeyoung says, "And I won't marry you."

"Okay." Jisoo nods, but her smile never vanished.

I'd say otherwise.

8-year-old Chaeyoung was sitting beside her friends while they talked about boys, Chaeyoung sat there bored while she looked over at the court. She could see Jisoo playing basketball with the guys.

They locked eyes as Jisoo winked at her, Chaeyoung smiles as Jisoo made faces at her before getting hit with the basketball. Chaeyoung laughs while Jisoo held her head in pain, the older smiled to herself seeing the girl laughing.

"Hmm? Already flirting with someone?" Her friends looked over at her.

"No, just saw something funny," Chaeyoung says, she turned back to see Jisoo standing there with the basketball in her hands.

"I'll be back." Chaeyoung stood up and walked over to the courts, she could see the goofy smile of the girl.

"Wanna play?" Jisoo asked as she tosses the ball over.

"I'm not good." Chaeyoung bounces the ball before shooting it into the net.

Jisoo watched with her jaw dropped as the ball swishes through the hoop.

"WOW!"

"Marry me!" Jisoo turned around to face the girl.

"Nope." Chaeyoung shakes her head.

Although they say it doesn't, I've witnessed it because I was someone's, first love.

15-year-old Chaeyoung was standing there shocked as Jisoo stood at her doorstep, it was Valentine's Day. The one-day people dreaded, including Chaeyoung. The number of confessions and dances made her not enjoy the day, maybe because she never participated in giving false hope to others.

Jisoo stood there with a smile on her face as she wore a red dress, a white halo hovering over her head as she held a basket. Chaeyoung knew how much the girl loved this holiday, I mean, almost everyone did.

"Happy Valentine's Chaeyoung-ah!" Jisoo says cheerfully.

Chaeyoung stood there as the door was wide open, she could hear her family listening and growing excited behind her.

"I got what you liked!" Jisoo says, "I know how much you don't like chocolate, so here." She hands the girl the basket.

Chaeyoung looks down at the basket seeing a note written on the top-

Marry me?

Chaeyoung felt her heart flutter as she looked up at Jisoo, the angel girl gave her the same smile as always.

"No."

But as time went by, I started to believe it.

18-year-old Chaeyoung was celebrating her birthday today, and her friends all came over to her house. They had a party that made Chaeyoung smile, the blonde sat with her friends in the pool while they talked about their crushes. Chaeyoung went silent as they chatted about boys, she looked over seeing Jisoo place a gift down at the table. She watched as the girl nods to herself before heading back inside, Chaeyoung stood up from the pool and grabbed her towel.

"Chae, where are you going?" Her friends asked.

"I'll be back," Chaeyoung says not sparing them a glance.

It seemed like a chase of cat and mouse, Chaeyoung looked around the house for Jisoo but nothing. She frowns to herself as she exits the front door, there she saw someone sitting on the steps.

"Jisoo?" She called out to the girl.

"Hmm?" Jisoo turned around, "Oh hey Chae!"

"What are you doing out here?" Chaeyoung asked and sat beside the girl, the towel covering her body.

"Parties aren't my thing." Jisoo shrugged.

"You didn't have to force yourself to come then." Chaeyoung frowns.

"It's your birthday!" Jisoo says, "Of course, I wouldn't miss this."

Chaeyoung gave her a small smile as Jisoo gasped, the older stood up abruptly causing the blonde to look up at her confused.

"I almost forgot!" Jisoo walked down the steps and turned back to the blonde.

She kneeled in front of the girl and flashed her smile, she pulled out a candy ring that lit up. Chaeyoung smiled seeing the girl clear her throat,

"Will you marry me?" Jisoo asked.

Chaeyoung looked at the lit-up candy ring before meeting the girl's eyes-

"No?" Jisoo answered for her.

"Not yet, Chu," Chaeyoung answered.

"Not yet?" Jisoo asked, "Wait...NOT YET?!?"

Why? Because I always loved my first love.

22-year-old Chaeyoung was holding Jisoo's hand as they walked around the park together, two broke college students just holding hands. Jisoo was studying for business, while Chaeyoung was studying to be a lawyer. Although they weren't in the best state in their life, they had each other.

"Chae?" Jisoo stops causing the blonde to over at her.

Chaeyoung held a pink balloon that Jisoo purchased for her, she looked at the older confused before it was deja vu.

Jisoo kneeled and holds out a golden ring this time, it wasn't candy, it wasn't paper or flowers.

It was real.

"Chae? Will you marry me?" Jisoo asked, "I don't have an actual ring but, I'll get one soon!"

It was like she was met with the past.

Chaeyoung's eyes watered as she frowned, Jisoo's smile lowers for the first time as she watched the blonde cry.

"Chae?" Jisoo softly calls out.

"I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's fine!" Jisoo stood up quickly, "it's just bad timing!" Jisoo chuckled.

"No, Jisoo." Chaeyoung looked at her, "I'll marry you."

Jisoo's eyes widened in shock.

"What?"

"I'll marry you, Kim Jisoo."

"OH, MY GOD!" Jisoo shouted happily, she stepped away from the girl to announce to the world.

"SHE FINALLY SAID YES!"

Love always existed at first sight.