21

A/N: I know, I know, this chapter is wayyy overdue and I'm Soo sorry for that. Been really busy with exams and school stuff that I just don't really have the time. I'm actually still writing my exams but I just didn't want to go so long without an update. Sorry once again for the long wait and enjoy the chapter.

                         *⚽*

You didn't notice how long you were in that room for. Nor when Matteo had walked in to try and convince you to go home and rest.

You felt too numb for your own good. You couldn't help but feel like this was somehow your fault, even though you knew that you weren't entirely to blame, but the feeling was still there.

You didn't even know how long had passed until you had bothered to raise your head up and check your phone. It was a little bit past seven o'clock, so roughly three and a half hours.

You looked down at the patient laying before you. A sad smile covering your face as you stroked his hair. "Get ready for the scolding of your entire life when you finally open your eyes, Yuuma. Almost makes me want to pity you for it but I'm sure we both know you deserve it," you said before giving him a soft kiss on his forehead and then standing up tall.

"I'll be back, okay?" you said before walking away. You opened the door to find the corridor empty except for Nishikage who still sat there on one of the chairs. Maybe the rest finally went home to take rest like you had advised.

"Seiya," you called bringing the goalkeeper out of his trans. "Let's get you home, you need to eat something and get some rest."

"I'm fine" was the only answer you got from the goalkeeper. You sighed, "You can't just stay here. You need food and rest," you said as you went over and sat down beside him.

"Manager?" He called you softly, "It's not my fault, right?" His strangled voice made you flinch, "Of course not. We both know how stubborn Yuuma gets, there's nothing you could've done to prevent this," you reassured.

He only gave you a nod but he didn't seem convinced in the slightest.

"How about we go out to eat instead? You know, to take your mind off things," you said standing up and pulling the him up with you.

"But shouldn't we wait in case something comes up?"

"I've already spoken to the doctor. If anything does happen then I'll only be a phonecall away,"

He still seemed hesitant but followed you out none the less.

"So is there anywhere you want to go?" You asked, turning toward him. He seemed conflicted and you completely understood why.

He wasn't really used to choosing where to go. That was mostly Nosaka's job. All Nishikage had to do was follow.

"Ice cream?" He asked and you smiled, "Sure!" You beamed grabbing his hand and leading him towards the nearest ice cream parlor.

In the end, you still had to choose a flavor for him because you sure as heck didn't think he knew what he was doing at all.

You really need to tell that emperor to let the poor goalkeeper make decisions on his own.

Also, you'd think with the way he's constantly overfed, he'd be able to eat a lot more that what he's used to but that wasn't the case at all.

He just kept it simple with two scoops of vanilla ice cream.

"Do you always go out with Yuuma to eat?" You asked because now that you think about it, it was quite rare for both of them to attend breakfast lunch or dinner at home, unless you had specifically asked them to come.