09

It was night time now and you were sleeping peacefully which was kind of a shock seeing as you've been plagued with nightmares for the past couple weeks.

You turned in your bed but opened your eyes when you heard the sound of lightening tearing the sky. You grumbled as you reluctantly stood up and walked over to your window to close it.

You decided to grab a cup of water before going back to bed. After placing the empty cup down, you turned to face your bed, ready to continue with your sleep.

You stopped in your tracks when you heard a thud coming from downstairs. You wandered who it could be seeing as you had made sure everyone went to bed early seeing as their next match with China was the next day.

You didn't want to let it bother you as someone might have just gotten up to close their window just like you just did a few minutes ago and probably accidentally dropped a book or something.

But something urged you to find out what it was. Something didn't seem right.

Giving in to your curiosity, you decide to go see what had happened. Upon getting to the second floor where most of the guys rooms were, you heard muffled noises coming from the other end of one of the doors.

You tried to hear what it was but the pitter patter of the rain on the window didn't allow you to. You walked towards the door and pressed your head against the frame.

Your eyes furrowed once you heard someone crying. Crying? Who could possibly be crying at this time? You thought to yourself as you knocked but received no answer.

You counted the doors from the beginning of the hallways and deduced it to the Shirou's room.

You knocked again but there was no answer so you just decided to walk in.

Your heart skipped a beat once you say the condition he was in. His back was pressed tightly against the wall at the corner of the room. His knees were pulled tightly against his chest as his head was buried in his arms.

"Shirou?" You walked cautiously towards him, trying not to make any sudden movement so as to not freak him out even more.

"What's wrong?" You asked as you bent down so the both of you were on the same level as you placed your hand on his head.

Even with his thick hair you could feel the way his body burned. "I-it k-killed th-them" was the only line he kept repeating as his body shook violently.

You didn't know what to do. You've never seen him this bad before. "What killed who?" You asked but he only kept repeating the same line.

You were getting desperate. Something seriously seemed to be worrying him so you pulled him into a hug out of instinct.

You didn't say anything after that, you just held him and let him get out everything that needed out. The only sounds that were heard in the room were his little sobs and the sound of rain hitting the window.

His body jolted everything the sound of a thunderclap enclosed the room as his body burned hotter.

"Talk to me, Shirou" you said as you stroked his back. You needed him to calm down. "T-the s-storm" he started.

"It killed them. My brother and my parents, they're all gone" his head was buried deeper in you chest. Something then finally clicked in your head.

You remember that he'd once told you how his parents and, supposedly, his brother died. No wonder he was so affected by the storm.

"I'm all alone, just like they'd told me I'd be" he said, his voice getting quieter and quieter with each works he spoke.

"You're not alone. You're never alone." You reassured him but he shook his head. "I tried but I couldn't bring them back. I should have done more. It's all my fault."