Chapter x 7 [Book 2]

Krystal, Gon, and Killua were all sitting at the table, eating. Gon and Killua listened to Krystal's stories as they gave each other glances.

As they finished up, Gon and Killua told Krystal to stop doing the dishes (which she constantly insisted on doing), and put her coat on.

They finished cleaning up, and then they got ready themselves to go outside. Krystal assumed it was for a walk, which was what the three of them have been doing recently to spend some time together and to talk, and she ran to Alluka's old bedroom.

As Gon watched her from the kitchen, he turned to Killua.

Killua, in response, gave a small nod.

Gon smiled, walking over to Killua and squeezing him tightly.

...

A few minutes later, Krystal came out of the bedroom, her coat and socks on. Gon and Killua were waiting for her in the hallway. They held each other's hands, joyful smiles being given from both. Then they looked at Krystal.

"Oh, did I... forget something?" Krystal said hesitantly, slowing her walking pace down in-between steps.

"Krystal..." Killua said slowly.

"Yes?" Krystal replied, meeting Gon and Killua at the end, standing in front of them.

"There's something we'd like to ask you..." Gon said.

Krystal nodded, standing before them anxiously, waiting for a response.

"Well... you know how we've been searching for a home for you?" Killua asked.

"Uh-huh," Krystal said in a patient manner, but also in sad tone, her heart jumping. Did this mean she had a new family? But... that would mean she'd probably never see Gon or Killua ever again.

"Well..." Gon said slowly. "We were wondering... if..."

"You'd like to be a part of our family?" Killua finished Gon's sentence.

Krystal's face instantly became lighter, her expression glowing, going from surprised to delighted. A huge grin spread across his face.

"You... you'll... adopt me?" Krystal stuttered in excitement.

Killua and Gon nodded simultaneously.

Krystal's arms twitched, before hugging the two of them. Gon and Killua welcomed her with open arms, to come into their lives.

"Yes..." Krystal whispered, tears of joy and gratitude starting to form in her eyes.

Gon and Killua smiled at each other, kissing before hugging Krystal once more.

These three people were now brought together, forming a family bond so special, no others could compare.

But just then...

Crash!

The door was suddenly kicked down, and two people burst into their home.

"You kidnappers!" A woman yelled.

Krystal's eyes focused on the pair, shaking in pure horror.

Her heart had suddenly dropped.

"Mother...?"

"Father...?"

Krystal gasped in shock.

...

"Alright, who are these people?" Killua growled angrily. "And who gave them the right to barge right through our front door?"