Chapter x 12 [Book 1]

The next day, Gon woke up coughing. He was sick from staying up all night and crying for hours.

"I-Ii—"  Gon tried to say, But he lost his voice over the night.

"I should tell Killua I can't see him..." Gon thought.

Gon grabbed his phone off of the night stand next to his bed, and texted Killua that they wouldn't be able to meet up today.

Now Killua, who was still lying in his bed, was thinking about Gon.

"Why did I lie to him..." Killua thought. "I should have told him, right then and there."

A buzz came from Killua's phone, then he picked it up and read the text.

"Gon is sick?" Killua's voice inside of his head told him. "Maybe I should go visit him."

Killua ran over to Gon's house, knowing Gon wouldn't answer the door. So he grabbed the extra key under his doormat and let himself in.

"Gon? Are you okay?" Killua yelled, his voice echoing thoughtout the house.

"Ki... Ki... llu... a-a?" Gon croaked.

"Hold on, I'm coming to your room," Killua said.

Killua walked inside of Gon's room, and sat down on his bed.

"Lost your voice?" Killua asked.

Gon just nodded. Killua then pulls the blanket sitting on Gon's bed over his ill friend. He tucks Gon in, while moving his hair back, keeping it out of his face.

"Hold on, I'll go make you something for your throat," Killua told Gon. "Just rest here, I'll be right back."

As Killua walked into the kitchen, Killua thought, "How the hell did you get sick? You were fine just yesterday..."

Killua made his friend some hot lemon tea, to soothe any pain.

"That idiot! What did he do, stay up all night?" Killua asked himself.

Killua just shook his head, glad Gon wasn't any worse.

Killua walked back to Gon's room and took care of him for the next few hours.

At 7:30 pm, when Gon was fast asleep, Killua was on Gon's couch, watching TV. He decided he'd stay over, just in case something happened.

An hour later, Killua hears footsteps. He looks up to see Gon standing beside the couch, his blanket wrapped around him. His hair was all frizzy, and his eyes looked tired.

"Gon, what are you doing up? I thought I told you to get some rest," Killua scolded.

"I don't wanna go to bed yet," Gon said, sleepily.

"...Fine... but only for an hour, okay?" Killua said.

Gon walked over to the couch, sitting next to Killua.

"It's freezing in here," Gon complained. "Can you turn up the temperature?" Gon requested.

"What? If anything, it's hot in here," Killua replied.

Killua lifted up his hand to Gon's forehead to check his temperature.

"Holy crap, you're burning up," Killua exclaimed.

"But I'm coooold..." Gon argued.

Killua gave in, and got off the couch to crank up the heat.

Gon laid his head on Killua's shoulder when he came back, closing his eyes.

"Thank you, Killua," Gon said.

Killua didn't say anything. Instead, he lay Gon's head down on his lap and let him sleep.

"He's adorable..." Killua thought.

"Goodnight, Gon," Killua said. "Feel better soon."

"Goodnight, Killua," Gon said, as he snuggled with him.