Chapter x 4 [Book 1]

"Killua!" Gon yelled, as he ran down the street to greet his friend.

"Hey, Gon," Killua replied. "Ready to hit the gym?"

"Yep!" Gon answered.

"Okay, then let's go," Killua said.

The two boys walked down the busy street. Once they reached their destination, they walked inside and set their things down, and picked up some weights.

"So... is something on your mind, Gon?" Killua asked his friend.

"Hm? Why?" Gon asked back with a perplexed look on his face.

"Well, you've got that same dumb expression on your face that you usually have when you're thinking about something," Killua responded.

"Well... I guess I was just wondering... if..."

"You love me too, Killua?"

"Does... he mean what I think he means?" Killua's mind echoed.

"G-Gon, what do you mean?" Killua asked slowly, his face completely flushed, his eyes wide open.

"Well... I just feel like you don't really enjoy being my friend. I feel like you... reject me when I express how I feel." Gon said.

"Gon... why would you ever think that?" Killua asked, concered he did or said something wrong.

"You... do you love me? You're not embarrassed by me or anything?" Gon asked, with a hint of curiosity in his squeaky voice.

"Gon! D-Don't word it like that! But of course I'm not embarrassed! Please don't even think that way!" Killua replied, hoping Gon understood.

Gon gave a smile, relieved that Killua didn't feel awkward with him. Killua, on the other hand, was... disappointed.

"Gon... why... can't I work up the courage to tell you how I feel..." Killua questioned hinself.

Killua's heart was broken, knowing that Gon only liked him as a friend.

"One day, I promise, Gon... I'm going to tell you."

"I'm gonna tell you how much I love you."

Mr. Killua Zoldyck, who was so madly in love with his best friend, Gon, was determined to make Gon his one day.