Chapter x 3 [Book 2]

"Alluka, we're home!" Gon yelled, opening the door.

"Woah, they have a nice house...." Krystal thought.

Alluka ran up and hugged her brother and brother-in-law, then pausing to look at the little girl standing behind them.

"Hi! Who are you?" Alluka asked.

"Hi, I'm Krystal," she responded.

"Hi, Krystal! I'm Alluka!" Alluka grinned.

Krystal smiled, looking around. She was a little nervous about the fact that she was in a new place, with new people. But, of course, she'd rather be anywhere besides her parents' house... and an orphanage.

"Thank you for letting me stay here," Krystal said quietly.

"Of course, Krystal. You're welcome to stay here until we find you somewhere to stay," Gon smiled, slightly shrugging.

"Promise you won't just drop me off in an orphanage?" Krystal asked.

"Promise," Gon drew a little "x" with his fingers in the air..

Krystal didn't want to be put somewhere with other kids. She just wanted a nice family who'd take good care of her, and love her. She was scared to be put in an orphanage, where the children were not loved as much as they'd be with a family.

"Come with me!" Alluka exclaimed, as she led Krystal to a bedroom.

"Here's where you can sleep! This was my room when I lived with my big brothers!" Alluka said.

It was a small, pink-themed room, with a twin-sized bed. It was nicely decorated, with small plants and stuffed animals.

...

It was now 7:30 pm. Gon knocked on the door of Alluka's old bedroom. Krystal was inside, reading one of the books that was placed on a high shelf, along with Alluka.

"Krystal? We made food," Gon said, opening the door.

Krystal's eyes lit up as she looked up from the book. She got up from the bean bag chair she was sitting in and followed Gon downstairs, Alluka trailing behind her.

Killua was standing around the table, placing four bowls of spaghetti down.

"So, I wanna know more about your parents," Killua said, sitting down.

"Well... my mother and father had me stay home. I mostly cleaned, especially while they weren't home..." Krystal answered.

"They left you at home all alone?" Gon gasped.

"No... the butler was there," she said.

"Then why didn't the butler clean the house?" Killua asked.

"Well... I'm not sure... but all I know, is that out butler wasn't always around," Krystal forked her pasta. "My parents always said she had to go do something, and would tell me to go do my chores."

"That's odd..." Gon said. "Why have someone working for you like that when they're not always around?"

"Good question," Killua put his hand to his chin.

"I don't understand..." Krystal hung her head sadly. "My parents always yelled at me for everything. I know they don't want me, but why? I always did everything they asked of me..."

Gon and Killua looked at each other, silently.

...

It was 11:45 pm. Killua and Gon sat in the living room, next to each other on the couch. Gon laid on Killua's shoulder as they watched TV.

"Killua... that poor girl..." Gon whispered in Killua's ear.

"I know, I feel terrible for what she had to go through," Killua replied.

They sat without saying anything for a minute, thinking.

"Why have a kid if they don't even want her?" Killua shook his head.

"There's so many questions, too little answers," Gon agreed. "But I want to find out the truth..."

"I know, I do as well," Killua closed his eyes for a moment, then grabbed the TV remote, pressing the power button. "Alright, come on, let's go to bed," Killua told Gon.

"Carry me," Gon commanded, sticking his arms up.

Killua rolled his eyes, picking Gon up, resting him in his arms, and carried him to their bedroom.

Killua then set Gon down on their bed, pulling the blanket over him.

"Killua?" Gon murmured his husband's name. "I was thinking... about Krystal..."

Killua, getting in on the other side, said, "What about her?"

"Well, what if we never found her a family?" Gon asked.

"Gon, I'm sure there are plenty of families that are looking for a child to adopt," Killua replied shortly after, avoiding the question he knew his lover was trying to say.

"Killua..." Gon said slowly.

"Gon..." Killua replied back in the same manner.

"Killua, please?" Gon pleaded.

Killua laid still on his back quietly, pondering a response.

"Adopting..." Killua thought.

The idea of children always brought up mixed feelings to Killua. Killua was always reminded of how he couldn't have children with Gon, which would bring up the idea of adoption. Even though the child wouldn't be of his own, he still always wanted to raise one with the love of his life. And whatever would happen, Killua just wanted to spend his life with Gon the best way he could.

Killua's head filled with thoughts, not sure how to approach the question presented. Was he even ready for something like this?

Killua shook his head, concluding that he'd simply just answer the question another time. He'd give himself time to think about it. But for now, he just wanted to spend some quality time with his husband.

Killua looked over at Gon, who was patiently waiting for an answer. He was sitting up, his back against the bed frame, holding onto Killua's leg.

Killua smiled at Gon, his hands inching towards Gon's waist.

"Killua?" Gon said, his eyes widened.

"You're so handsome, you know that?" Killua sighed.

Gon smiled back, his hands and fingers drifting over to Killua's white, fluffy hair. He stroked it, ever so gently, pulling Killua closer.

"Come here," Gon leaned forward, his eyes soft and gaze mysterious.

Killua's eyes met Gon's, as his hands moved up to Gon's cheeks.

And slowly, they both closed their eyes, their lips meeting.

Killua grabbed onto Gon's bottom lip, pressing down passionately.

Their kiss only deepened, as Killua pushed Gon down against the mattress, forcing his tongue in. Gon reacted immediately, his tongue colliding with Killua's.

Gon was used to Killua's distinct flavor rubbing up against his taste buds, their saliva mixing. He shivered as the sensations went throughout his body.

The excitement never left, regardless of however many times they did this. Gon's stomach tingled while Killua's body laid against his, making him beg for more every time Killua tried slowly down.

But eventually, they broke apart, each gasping for breath. They looked at each other, lying down next to the other, grinning.

Without saying a word, Gon reached out to Killua, placing his arms around his neck, and cuddling him.

Killua knew what to do, by grabbing Gon's legs and wrapping it around himself.

"I love you, Killua," Gon whispered, kissing Killua's cheek one last time.

"I love you too, Gon," Killua said back.