Chapter x 2 [Book 1]

"Did he really mean those words? No. He probably didn't. Well, of course he did, Killua! But not in that way. He doesn't think about that kind of stuff. You'd think you'd know by now. You're his best friend!" Killua thought to himself.

"I love you..."

Those were the words Gon had told Killua before they went home. And Killua, no matter how badly he wanted to say they same three words back, kept it in. He just couldn't say it! The silver-haired boy just wasn't ready...

"Oh Gon, why would you say that to me? I'll just get my hopes up... because I know..."

"That you'll never love me the same way I do."

Over the years, Killua's affection for Gon has dramatically changed. Killua has always loved Gon as a friend. And even though he never admitted it...

Sometimes, he loved Gon more than a friend.

But Killua, afraid it might ruin their long-lasted friendship, was too scared to tell Gon Freecss.

When Gon said those words... he brought them out of the true love and friendship he felt for Killua Zoldyck. Gon has always loved Killua like family. He loved having Killua as his best friend. He found someone that was always by his side, right next to him.

And although Gon has always thought of Killua as his very best and closest friend...

Maybe Gon was just too blind to clearly see it.

Killua always thought he never had a chance with Gon. So he kept all of his emotions in, while Gon was never afraid to display his feelings for Killua.

Killua would hope that one day, Gon and him would be together forever.

And poor little Killua Zoldyck, living off a wish and a prayer.

But little did this young Zoldyck know...

That Gon Freecss would always love him, no matter what.