Chapter x 1 [Book 1]

"Hisoka! What are you doing here?" Gon shouted.

Gon and Killua just encountered Hisoka deep in the forest, where they had been practicing new techniques involving nen. Unfortunately, Hisoka appearing right then and there was bad, because Gon had just used up most of his nen while trying to maintain it.

"Hmm. I sensed that you had become much stronger than the last time we met. Although you aren't quite ripe enough to kill... I suppose I'd like to fight you, to get an idea of how much stronger you've become. And oh, how I love quenching my desires to kill," Hisoka said slowly, in a nonchalant, yet threatening manner.

Hisoka had been observing Gon for the last couple of years, knowing one day, he's be a worthy opponent of killing. He'd been keeping it in, but he didn't want to wait. He's been itching for a fight!

"What the hell?" Killua blurted, wanting to know why Hisoka had come all of a sudden. "You can't fight Gon now, can't you tell he's exhausted?"

But without waiting any more, Hisoka leapt forward and made his move. He quickly manuvered and jumped behind the two boys. He moved so fast, that before Gon knew what was going on, Hisoka was gone. Hisoka's bloodlust was so great, and he was so anxious to fight Gon, that it completely took over. Hisoka forgot to conceal his presence in the process, so Gon was able to grasp this and jump back.

But in doing so, Gon bumps into Killua, making both of them fall onto the ground. Gon and Killua locked eyes, as be lay on top of him. Killua couldn't stop staring into Gon's beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

"Do it now..." the voice in Killua's head whispered.

As Killua started closing the gap between him and Gon, Hisoka suddenly ripped Gon right off of the Zoldyck.

Hisoka quickly locked Gon in his bungee gum.

Which, by the way, consists the properties of both rubber and gum.

Gon, who couldn't get free, was attempting to yell Killua's name, but couldn't due to the bungee gum tape placed over his mouth.

Hisoka stood behind Gon, satisfied that he'd caught his prey.

"Hmm... maybe he's not as sharp as I thought," Hisoka said.

Killua watched Gon struggle to get out. And as he did, a rage burned in the depths of his heart. His eyes lost it's glow, and turned into an icy stare. His hands clentched. His veins bulged through his skin. His nails grew sharper than a knife.

"Gon!" Killua cried out, wanting to save his friend. He looked at Hisoka, about ready to kill him if it meant saving Gon. And even though he didn't enjoy killing others as much as he used to, this was an obvious exception.

Killua sprung to Gon's side, glaring at Hisoka.

"Aw, you know I'm just having fun, hmm?" Hisoka said, in his mesmerizing voice.

But Hisoka looked into the silver-haired boy's eyes. Hisoka's face suddenly softened. He could tell by the young Zoldyck's eyes, that his intentions weren't full of hatred, or that his motive wasn't to murder.

Instead, his eyes were full of love for the spikey-haired boy. Full of affection and care. Killua was only being protective.

Hisoka could tell fhe difference right away, due to his experience with this kind of thing.

Hisoka released the bungee gum, and let Gon go. Killua caught Gon as he toppled over.

"I'll just be on my way now," Hisoka stated. He smiled at them and walked away, cards in his hands. He flipped them back and forth, sorting them. He placed all of the heart cards on top.

"Killua, I was okay! You didn't have to step in," Gon said with slight frustration in his voice. "I could have gotten out!" He pouted.

"You idiot! You couldn't been killed by him! You should be grateful, you little—" Killua was cut off.

"Thank you, Killua," Gon said as he hugged his friend.

Killua's whole face turned a shade of bright red. He could feel his heart skip a beat.

"G-Gon you idiot! Don't do that! I-It's embarrassing!" Killua stuttered.

"Killua, don't be silly! Don't be like that!" Saying this, Gon pecks his friend on the cheek.

Killua, flustered, pushes Gon away.

"G-Gon! W-Why would you do that?" Killua spat.

"Well... my Aunt Mito would kiss me like that when I was younger... and she told me when I was older... the one day, I'd do the same to someone very special to me!" Gon cheered.

"And you're special to me, Killua!"

Killua just stood there, shocked.

But that day, after Killua and Gon parted ways fo go back to their own places for the night, Killua couldn't get those words that his best friend told him, out of his mind.